Best 7 inch tablet available

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
New comer about to buy his first tablet.I own an imac and want this tablet to take with me to work etc.I find a seven inch model is best portable size for my needs.I want to use it to play music through headphones,surf net and camera use.Im confused and a little dismayed since Ive come across reviews and video on the new galaxy 7.7 tablet that i thought had amazing screen but will not be released in US.Could you recommend some excellent 7 inch tablets so i can choose one for my first purchase.Ive looked at many on cnet and amazon but need some actual tablet owners recommendations. thanks matt

gonzo88

Oct 29, 2011
Am also a newbie and own all Mac. I just bought a Vizio Tablet at costco at a great price and like it so far, that might be an option for you if you want to look into them.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
Thanks gonzo.Im trying to find one with at least 16 g of space since i want to load up my 9G of music from itunes thats on my imac.As a mac user maybe you can answer this for me.All my itunes music is my own cds copied to itunes and i have no itunes purchased music thus no DRM copy protection.Can i just drag my whole itunes library of music into an android pad ? Will the cover art move to the android with the music? Thanks Matt

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Hey mattg3, welcome to the forum! If you're looking for a descent 7" tablet for such tasks that you mentioned perhaps either the Acer Iconia Tab A100 (8 or 16 GB models available) or possibly the HTC Flyer (16 or 32 GB models available). They both have the same 5MP rear cameras, but the HTC Flyer only has a 1.3MP front camera whereas the Iconia has a 2MP front camera, you mentioned you need a camera but not sure how much of an issue quality is for you in this department. The HTC Flyer by far has much better battery life but both of those tablets have practically identical screen display types (both TFT with 1024x600 resolution).

Not sure if this helps at all, you can get both for under $400 (excluding 3G), the Acer Iconia Tab A100 is roughly $30 cheaper but the prices are not that different either. Good luck on your search and I hope you find something suitable for you!

gonzo88

Oct 29, 2011
Matt3g, I tried transferring some music from my playlist like it's set up on itunes but everything ends up mixed together not like itunes were you name your own selection. Am still new to my tablet, so am going to try different Apps till I find one that works.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
Well at least you got itunes content onto the pad.Did you just drag and drop it from imac?My itunes is just full cds (about67) and was hoping they would end up on tablet as full cds with cover art.Let me know what works. thanks Matt

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I've heard doubletwist works wonders for transfering itunes content to your Android tablet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Well at least you got itunes content onto the pad.Did you just drag and drop it from imac?My itunes is just full cds (about67) and was hoping they would end up on tablet as full cds with cover art.Let me know what works. thanks Matt

Hey mattg3, there's an app called TuneSync you might be interested in for playing your iTunes music library on your Android tablet. Hope that helps.

greenandroid

Aug 29, 2011
Maybe it is not the best 7" Android tablet, but you could find it with Rock-chip rk2918(Cortex A8 1.2GHz) process and 7“ TFT(1024 x 600).
The main feature of this tablet is that it provide the much thinner(Thickness only 9.4mm) tablet than others.
This tablet solution has just released by Giayee which is an Android IDH from Shenzhen, China.
I just get the sample images and the main feature:
Rock-chip RK2918, A8 1.2GHz
512MB DDR3 + 4G FLASH
Google Android OS
7“ TFT(1024 x 600) + Capacitive TP
WIFI、GPS, G-sensor , Compass, Gyro, HDMI etc
2MP back camera , LED Flash
0.3MP front camera
Thickness only 9.4mm
I think you'll be fond of its picture(M703):

$mail222.png

Attachments