Which is the best 7" Tablet

efh777

Apr 18, 2011
I just purchased a Herotab C8 - Capacitive touch, Froyo 2.2, Flash 10.1 - WOW!!! this is my third tablet - APAD Android 1.5, a Curtis KLU and now this. Each one was better. The curtis is an Android 2.1 - Avaiable for $150 at Biglots (You can take 20% off if you buy a lot from there). I am telling you, for $200 bucks, the C8 is the bomb. I use it with my Samsung HOTSPOT, and wow, 4G nirvana - I have full market access, and I can download APK files and install them. I don't sell these, or work for anyone who does, but spend the extra money and get Capacitive touch, Froyo 2.2 and Flash - Other tablets are from $90 to $160 - Plus this one was supposed to be able to be easily flashed. IMHO, this is the best option!!! I may even look for a 10" version of this...

DeusExMachina

May 11, 2011

progizmo

May 8, 2011
Hey, our review covers the processor in the reviews section, check it out the full coverage on Progizmo. The processor is actually stated at a 600mhz clock and a seperate 400mhz DSP. So, they decided to quote it as a total of 1GHz, a little sneaky if you ask me. The trackball was probably one of my favorite parts about this device, I realize its a touch screen, but scrolling through menus was just a little bit smoother with the trackball.

Cheers :D

kemuri

May 16, 2011
Hello, everybody. This is my first message to the forum.

I'm from Brazil and it's kinda hard to find good Tablets for a good price... I was thinking about buying the Coby Kyros 7015 (I read good reviews about it and it's more easy to find it around here). But since the 7024 is starting to show up (in the States, at least) I'm now thinking to wait.

What do you think? Any advice? If I buy the new model (7024) I'll have to import it (Ebay or Amazon)... it's worth all the "work" to do it or it's almost the same of the 7015 model?

Thanks!

-Kemuri

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I am also looking for a 7" tablet at $200 or less for Capacitive Multi Touch Screen and android 2.2 or better.

Amazon had a Minipad 7"

• Processor CPU Samsung S5PV210 Cortex A8 1Ghz with 512Mb DDR2 RAM
  • 7 inch Capacitive Multi Touch Screen
  • Android 2.2
  • 1.3 MegaPixel Front Facing Camera
  • 4GB Storage (4GB Internal)
Anyone know anything about Minipad? Is this a Sansui?? Sounds OK but seems like a single core? Price is a little over my target BUT the hardware looks good.

Last edited:

Bolsa

Dec 7, 2011
$200 USD ,Amazon Kindle Fire, Dual core, 512MB Ram, 8GB mem, fast intenet 802.11N, USA company 5.5 milion unit sold, lot of support and S/W upgrade for freed, Amazon claimed that they loose money on each Kindle Fire they sold , easy to find assessories with low price .

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have a Kindle Fire, it was a christmas present, and I have been quite pleased with it. Fast, seems to run almost anything I side load on it, and the streaming from Amazon Prime is fantastic (I mean impressive!) the screen is excellent and protected with Gorilla Glass, battery life is about equal to my 7" Galaxy Tab, and the build quality is top notch. Having said that as a tablet it is missing a couple things people may find important, like cameras, GPS, external storage and HDMI out. It just depends on what your requirements are for your tablet to fulfill your needs.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Jan 21, 2012
Which would you choose out of these tablets? From best to least?

Ainol novo 7 elf
Minipad m11+
Zenithink C91
Ployer Momo11

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
First thing is you need to be sure a 7 inch tablet is going to be large enough for you. Swing by BestBuy and look at some to be sure.
Once done looking back on your list there are no good selections. Most are low quality Chinese tablets that will require work getting them to even begin to be usable. IF even.. With one possible exception.
The Novo 7 Elf and I believe there are better tablets from them that cost only a few dollars more. Few as in 20.00 or 40.00.
I would not recommend any of the others, and seriously, until Ainovo is a better established brand name, I would not recommend even them. Last video review I saw on them showed that while you can install Apps. The tablet does not come with the real Android Market.
I would suggest looking at a Acer, Asus or other well known brands.
However.
There are two brands I would suggest you look at. Vizio and LePan. Vizio makes a good 8 inch tablet that can be found for around 200.00, I am making this post on one right now. The LePan II is available for about 100.00 more and is a 9.7 inch screen with dual core and other goodies. Both brands are coming out with new tablets in the next few months.
My two cents, hope it helps.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Jan 21, 2012
Wow...thanx...Lapan II looks great for that amount of money...and dual core! Where can I buy it from?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
The LePan 2 can be purchased here http://www.amazon.com/Pan-II-9-7-In...X3AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326210800&sr=8-1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=5336432680-20
Looks like they are on heavy back order everywhere.
Spaceboy62 put a helpful post in so I'll copy it here.
Androidfonefan, I got mine for $299 at Newegg before they ran out (they now show $279).
Newegg.com - Le Pan II Tablet PC Qualcomm APQ8060(1.2GHz) 9.7" XGA 1GB Memory DDR2 8GB NAND Flash HDD

Amazon is still $279 but 2-4 weeks out. You were seeing a different seller on Amazon.
Go here: Amazon.com: Le Pan II 9.7-Inch Tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories
That $399 seller is just taking advantage of the low stock.

Walmart had them at that price too...now they are out:
Walmart.com: LePan - LEPANII - Wi-Fi 9.7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) Operating System: Computers

Same with Best Buy:
Le Pan - II Tablet with 8GB Memory - Black/Silver - LE PAN II

Hopefully Le Pan will crank up the production of these soon.

Last edited: