Beware - I got scammed

Murph

Oct 16, 2012
I am a senior and I am the victim of a scam by a Chinese company called XINDA TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD (www.szshengyun.com). I guess this is a timely reminder to readers to never use Western Union or Moneygram to make a purchase. Paypal and credit card are best options.

I placed an order with them for a tablet computer for $129 which I paid for through Western Union on 19 October.

The tablet computer was never delivered and all attempts to contact the company have failed. Emails bounce and phone calls just ring out - not answered. Their website www.szshengyun.com is still active. :mad:

mikeloew

Oct 31, 2012
At least mentioning their name will show up on Goggle or other search engines. Sorry you got scammed. As you said any reputable business will not ask you to pay with Western Union or Money-gram to make a purchase.

lstmysock11

Nov 4, 2012
Also be careful with places like graigslist. As many times if you post something for sale they will email offering to buy the item at a higher amount then you asked for and asking for the item to be shipped to some place like africa and they want it done through the USPS. Either they will use a stolen credit card and you will get a charge back that way from paypal or claim the item was never received and put in a claim with paypal and you loose either way. So paypal when selling stuff is not always safe either.