Bluetooth and Android 2.x

leungda

Nov 20, 2011
Quite Simply, if you do not have BT installed on the Motherboard, you CANNOT. It is part of the firmware. There are kludge things you can do in using a BT adapter. (Search and you shall find) BUT, you will not be able to plug in a BT adapter.

KEEP IN MIND ONE THING: An Android tablet is not Linux nor is it a Windows Tablet. It is Android. There is no UPNP. Unless the manufacturer/vendor put it on the firmware/hardware it will not work.

How about this:

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello Androidtablets.net forum,

Thought I would post the question here and possibly save myself some time....

I am looking for tablets based on Android 2.x with a bluetooth adapter as wwell as WiFi. Any suggestions? I have looked at several tablets but none I can find so far have 2.x and bluetooth. They all seem to be designed to surf the web and be a book reader.

Any suggestions would be VERY appreciated!

thanks!
Hi sdrc, welcome to the forum. this 7" tablet PC in our site is comes with bluetooth: 7 Inch High Resolution 1024*600 Capacitive Screen Android 2.3 Tablet PC with TI ARM CORTEX A8 Processor Built in Bluetooth - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
hope that's what you want!:)

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
Finding a decent tablet with android 2x will be hard to find and why would you limit yourself to android 2x? With ICS out now, you can expect support for android 2x to quickly dissapear. This year, you can expect that almost all phones and tablets will be developed around ICS. You can also expect most app development to be around ICS, and less support for android 2.0. Any tablet you find now running 2.0 is first, likely to be old technology and unlikely to get any software upgrades. You want a tablet with bluetooth and wifi, but don't expect to find a 2.0 tablet that supports the N band wifi or bluetooth 3.0, or usb 3.0.

I own the Asus Transformer and I love it and would highly recommend it. The transformer has won awards as the best tablet and the only tablet that can beat it now is its big brother, the transformer prime. With the prime out, expect the transformer prices to drop. Also, with CES comming up soon, expect to see many new tablets hitting the market soon. If you find and buy an 2.0 tablet now, I predict you will regret it in the long run.

My transformer connects to my phone via wifi, bluetooth, and usb including tethering. I have also connected several usb devices including hard drives and cameras, and to my tv via hdmi.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: