Bluetooth Pairing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokout

Nov 28, 2010
Is anyone else having Bluetooth pairing problems? I go through the Bluetooth settings menu and turn on, set discoverable, then "Scan for devices" and it shows "scaning" but no devices show up in bluetooth devices listing!!! Am I missing some thing here? I have tried it with 2 Bluetooth headphones and my Bluetooth car receiver to no avail, while my Touch pro 2 WM phone works flawlessly with all of these devices! Is this something I am doing wrong with the S7 or is this a hardware issue...all of the S7s Bluetooth standards should match up with my other devices??? Did a search and couldn't find anything that came close to my issue and after all of the tinkering I have done on this tablet, I don't want to exchange it unless I really have to!
Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Cheers!

Jokout

Nov 28, 2010
Hmmm, 61 views and no replies, evidently this is an isolated issue and is unique to my unit...back to best buy for a return!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I had a similar issue at first, but it resolved when I made the tablet discoverable it went away.

Jokout

Nov 28, 2010
Vicster, you got me thinking...I decided to go to the support page for my S9 hd headset to make sure I wasn't missing something, after digging down through the Motorola support page to the pairing section, turns out the S7 is a bit quirky when it comes to Bluetooth pairing! I tried several diferent device profiles and the process from the Nexus One ended up being close enough to work eventually, so now I'm good to go with the S9 HDs, now just have to figure out the rest of my devices!
cheers

Jokout

Nov 28, 2010
Vicster, you got me thinking...I decided to go to the support page for my S9 hd headset to make sure I wasn't missing something, after digging down through the Motorola support page to the pairing section, turns out the S7 is a bit quirky when it comes to Bluetooth pairing! I tried several diferent device profiles and the process from the Nexus One ended up being close enough to work eventually, so now I'm good to go with the S9 HDs, now just have to figure out the rest of my devices!
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.