Bluetooth Tethering with NC Tether App - A500

kitafaya

Jul 23, 2011
I have read on here and on other boards that some people have gotten the NC Tether App to work between their phone & the A500. I am trying to figure out if I am missing a step. I can get both the phone & the tablet to pair, but the won't connect. If I run the NC Tether App on the tablet it sees the phone, if I run the NC Tether App on phone it does not see the tablet. I have the Bluetooth on, on both devices. So, I am at a loss.

Thanks,
--Kitafraya :(

spexwood

May 11, 2011
What phone are you using and is it rooted?
I'm asking because 1) my phone had an AT&T app that prevented tethering (although, not sure if it affects 3rd party tethering apps). 2) the issues seems to be with your phone.

I may be of no help here, but we'll see.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

kitafaya

Jul 23, 2011
Hi, Sorry took so long to reply. I have the HTC EVO - Not Rooted. I tried the PDANet for the Tablet. I did everything I was supposed to (I think) and I had to reboot my Tablet. UGH!! I lost everything!! So, I am a little gun shy of trying PDANet again.... But, maybe I didn't clear the settings right???

So, if there is anyone that can help me, I would appreciate it.

Also, the this is the 2nd HTC EVO, the first one I had was rooted, ran into some issues. So, I really don't want to root if I don't have too.