Bluetooth Tethering to Blackberry Bold 9700

Parps

Jan 10, 2011
Has anyone had any success tethering ANY android tablet to a Blackberry Bold 9700 via Bluetooth DUN?

It has to be DUN since the Bold 9700 can't support Bluetooth PAN.

Just curious to see if this is even possible.

Thanks in advance!!

dervari

Jan 17, 2011
I have but it required rooting and correcting a bug i found in a tether script on my Archos.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

kinghai

Feb 15, 2011
Hi dervari, could you let me know some more details about how you rooted the device and how it works? I'm planning to order a Viewsonic G-Tablet or Archos, but I'm currently using BlackBerry 9700, not an Android phone. I don't want to switch the phone. I can't wait until PlayBook is released and not sure if I could afford the price (has rumor that it will be $699)

Thanks.

shleppy_g

Feb 27, 2011
I would also be super grateful for instructions on how to do this. I purchased an Archos 43it with Tethering in mind, but have not been able to make it happen with my Blackberry 9700 (Bold).
Thanks!

beachbum

Aug 21, 2011
I have the same requst, I can't find away to tether my Bold 9700 to my Asus TF any help would be appeciated. PDA Net did't work. Tetherberry doesn't support Android yet.

Oct 25, 2011
I need help too with this

I search about this and found a aplicattion maybe madre this posible in this link http://android.gval.biz/ Q5 Bluetooth dial up networking need root device and know the apn of provider y dial number

Enviado desde mi Galaxy TAB 10.1 usando Android Tablet Forum

lophyte

Nov 23, 2011
I got this working on my Viewsonic GTablet, but it requires running an aftermarket firmware. I'm using CyanogenMod 7.1 on my tablet.

Theoretically, it should work with any rooted tablet running Android 2.3.7.