Tethering Issue

KaiNinaste

Nov 5, 2010
I've just tried to tether my Archos 70 to my Blackberry Bold 9700 T-Mobile but it keeps failing via bluetooth. I've gone through the set up wizard for bluetooth tethering, entered in the password etc but when you click 'tether' it comes up with the 'please wait' etc and then crashed. This happens even when the prevent from sleep thing is ticked.

Any ideas?

monkboy

Dec 8, 2010
Havin a similar problem... Archos 70 (2.1 ... I kno ... gonna update real soon) and Bold 9000.

Bluetooth is paired. then it says "Please wait while connecting". immediately after "unable to connect by tethering"

anyone have a fix or work around.

much appreciated.

firefox111

Dec 3, 2010
Hello. I received my A20 last night. Same issue here. Can not do a successful tether to my phone via Bluetooth. I have PDANet on my phone when I initiate the tether via BT, pairing does not succeed. BTW, I have updated my A70 to Froyo.

Havin a similar problem... Archos 70 (2.1 ... I kno ... gonna update real soon) and Bold 9000.

Bluetooth is paired. then it says "Please wait while connecting". immediately after "unable to connect by tethering"

anyone have a fix or work around.

much appreciated.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
So your trying to connect a tablet to a cell phone with pda net is that correct

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

firefox111

Dec 3, 2010
Yes. This always works with my Win XP laptop or my Win7 netbook. The bluetooth App in my laptop or netbook looks at my phone as a modem using the DUN profile. Also, the A70 expects a GSM phone (looking for a SIM card). I have a Sprint 3G phone. Could this be a problem? I don't think I can use a peer-to-peer wifi connection between the A70 and my phone because the "Internet Sharing" on my Android phone is grayed out. I wish someone with a CDMA phone can give me a clue of what to do to successfully tether my A70 with my phone.

So your trying to connect a tablet to a cell phone with pda net is that correct

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

vckc4ever

Dec 26, 2010
I have checked with Archos distributors who told me that all Blackberry phones/smart phones cannot do tethering with Archos. Phones such as Samsung (like mine - Omnia 2), Motorola, HTC, Nokia ...worked fine. My frens and I have tried these mentioned phones with my A70 and A101 and all worked well.

Different phones will have different connecting/tethering methods as some uses Internet Sharing apps, some use Wifi Router..etc...found as the application in the phones.

So, verdict is : not fully 100% confirm whether all BB smart phones indeed cannot tether as I do not own any. But one of my fren uses BB phone tried tons of time and all the time failed to connect..

Vince

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Firefox
I have laptop & Win7 netbook, Samsung C5220 next G Telstra phone. I had to set The Dun profile for telstra manually as Telstra.wap, Then my Archos connected successfully.
I just followed the instructions on the Archos website, step by step. Nice to see they have simple step by step instuctions.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Firefox
I have laptop & Win7 netbook, Samsung C5220 next G Telstra phone. I had to set The Dun profile for telstra manually as Telstra.wap, Then my Archos connected successfully.
I just followed the instructions on the Archos website, step by step. Nice to see they have simple step by step instuctions.

This is key. Follow their instructions. BUT, it should be noted. Archos does seem to have a problem with some phones. This will likely be addressed. But this is an issue.

Also, if you are asking about Ad Hoc (peer to peer) connectivity. It cannot be done. Archos in their "wisdom" has made it unavailable even if it were rootable. And 2.0.71 is not rootable as of late Dec 2010.