Bought first tablet

Mikep925

Jul 8, 2012
Hows it going? My name is mike I'm in the united states Marine corps. And I have a couple training events and a deployment coming up so I decided to purchase a tablet. I ordered the Teclast A12 from ipadalternative.com it should be here tomorrow... I leave in a week for training and want to know will I be able to plug my wd 2tb external hard drive with its own power supply into my tablet. My goal is to use tune tablet and copy movies off the hard drive and when I'm done delete them and copy some more ...is this possible?

t3rm3y

Mar 5, 2012
hi mike, i believe this tablet has a micro usb port, does your harddrive have a usb port? if so it should work just fine.

Mikep925

Jul 8, 2012
Yes the hard drive has a micro usb and i have the usb cable for it...my teclast also has a otg to usb female so actually connecting will work. What I'm worried about is the android tablet even noticing the hd and will it see the files in a normal file app

Mikep925

Jul 8, 2012
Guess its gonna come down to it having usb drivers to actually see it..... But I do have another question, I noticed that the teclast a12 does not have bluetooth. Does anyone know how I can use my phone to tether to my tablet without bluetooth? The can I do it by usb, if so how