Brand new Superpad 6 (VI) Wifi 'Error' after reset

olifudge

Jan 7, 2012
Hi, I recently did a hard reset of my new Superpad VI, only to find that the Wifi wouldn't work afterwards.
Everytime I switch the Wifi on, it tries to switch on, then just says 'error'.
Tried to update firmware but the recovery menu keeps saying 'failed to mount /sdcard'
Any help greatly appreciated.
Oliver

akn10red

Jul 31, 2012
the problem we have is with our wifi chip. the 'official' superpad 6 comes with ralink chipset whereas ours comes with realtek (rtl8188ctv) chipset. something EXACTLY same as mentioned >>>HERE<<<
I hope someone can help us... maybe???

akn10red

Jul 31, 2012
Can anyone please confirm whether this is the "original" superpad 6/flytouch 5 circuitry? found this on the internet... http://flytouch.euweb.at/board4-hardware/board47-reparatur/678-my-superpad-vi-tablet-hardware
If so this has a realtek rtl8188ctv like mine and that of Olifudge. BUT here's the catch. If this device uses RTL8188 chipset why is it a common perception that flytouch 5 uses ralink rt3370 chipset? I even saw QCC's post somewhere that superpad 6 uses realtek wifi chip. So I guess we (I and Olifudge) don't have a problem with wifi module. It's something that collectively controls ethernet and wifi. I'll upload the pictures of my superpad 6 in some time so that we may have some comparison. I hope someone with technical knowledge of the hardware/software integration may help us.