Brand New

Ima Dumbazz

Mar 13, 2015
Hello all,
I am totally brand new to this and my name says it all. I hope to be of service to someone here someday,but for now I think I'll have to be an "asker" and not an "answerer". I have a Supersonic sc999. I have installed a 32gb sd card. When I try to transfer some of the apps I have downloaded I often get messages about "rooting". What is this thing and how do I cook it? I would like for it to be "well done"

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ima, congratulations on your Supersonic SC999 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets, and nice to see you're looking forward to helping others when you can.

An external Micro SD Card (MSD) AKA TF Card (32GB in your case) is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there. Most newer versions of Android won't allow apps to be moved there without "Rooting" your tablet, and even after "Rooting" many apps won't run off the MSD.

For information about rooting in general, see http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/thinking-about-rooting-your-tablet.53718/

For help rooting your particular tablet, try posting a question in the Allwinner A31 Based forum.