Brand or Copycat for Android Tablet?

micale

Oct 10, 2013
In recent years, android tablets are so popular for young people. But when it comes to buying one, which one will you choose? Brand or Copycat one?

I saw one copycat android brand named giayee. Anyone know of it?

mikee

May 29, 2011
those look decent but with the off brand tablets they may go unnoticed by the rom developing community. So if you can deal with what comes on the tab without expecting any android upgrades, the off brand ones are a good way to get decent specs for a good price.

I go for the major brand tablets since they last me longer both because they are often built better and get more software updates from their manufacturer and get more attention from rom developers.

I own 2 tablets both samsung galaxy tabs. A original galaxy tab and a tab 2 7.0. The original one is running android 4.1 cyanogenmod 10 but officially support ended on 2.3 gingerbread

I hope my experience I share here helps you in your decision

Jenifery

Oct 7, 2013
as a a newbie, when I want to buy a tablet and I will have my budget ,I will compare the data of the tablets . of course the brand tablet is the best choice , but if the price is out of my budget, I will start change my plan to search Copycat tablet instead, if the configuration and the dealer's fame are OK, I will also accept.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I, also, as a complete Android newbie almost 10 months ago, went with an entry-level budget brand name - Acer, that I purchased from a local Walmart store, prefering to deal with a real store, rather than a virtual one. I guess, it all depends on your comfort level. As for price, there really isn't that much of a significant difference today between cheap no-name and budget international brands, I don't think.

Oct 10, 2011
I'm with edap on buying from a real store. If you get a defective unit or it goes bad after a few weeks of use it can be replaced TODAY. Getting a replacement from an eBay purchase can take weeks, months or not at all if you had the misfortune to order from one of the growing number of scammers who sell for a month and then re-open under a different name. Also keep in mind many of these budget/clone tablets have no support infrastructure in place so that if one needs documentation or file downloads they are usually out of luck.