brick (ed)

kool371

Oct 6, 2011

Yes i have, there is no image on the device. I have also been trying the update wrap files and some say that they arnt valid for the device ver, some say update package is demaged "yes thats how it is spelled in case its not supose to be spelled like that", some files willjust sit there saying booting from sd.

I am tring the updating fron sd card.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Yes i have, there is no image on the device. I have also been trying the update wrap files and some say that they arnt valid for the device ver, some say update package is demaged "yes thats how it is spelled in case its not supose to be spelled like that", some files willjust sit there saying booting from sd.

I am tring the updating fron sd card.
It's been a long time since there hasn't been some success with any of the various methods. Again, the method in this post is specifically for those that want to fix the "factory reset (three finger method)" without burning all of the other images (U0, Ramdisk, Kernel, Userdata, and system).

This method also allows for the burning of compatible system images even though they might not be for the particular tablet where the InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) files may not install stating as "invalid" as you've observed or would brick the tablet with the incorrect U0 image.

As with your earlier computer issue, not allowing you to download the update file, try creating a bootable SD card on another PC. With the WinHex method, once the bootable SD card is created it can be used over and over again with many different images.

Please post specific questions to assist in resolving your issues along the way. Good luck it can be done.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks a lot guys, thanks a lot cfrockit; i managed to solve my brik(ed) some a like tablet, so now my synet7 its working again.....I really appreciatte it all your comments, tips and so on...... keep on rocking everyone..................

Thanks

JV90

Halfabrain

Dec 20, 2011
Hello all...I'm new here and have a similar issue as what's discussed in this thread. I've read the other threads and took special interest in the "How to manually update...Froyo 2.2". I've flashed other tablets before so I felt confident doing another one.

I purchased the tablet off E-Bay and it was only booting up to the Sylvania splash screen (just fun to play around with these gadgets). I performed the 3 finger reset and it responded with "no image to boot from". I downloaded the IUW program and first used the "11.2.0.6.2.0 beta3.ius" firmware. The tablet kicked back that it was not the right one. So I downloaded "11.2.1.5 beta3fina2.ius" and it started within the tablet. It reached the end of uploading like the video in this thread, asked for the SD card to be removed and to reboot. When I took the SD card out, the screen went black (I thought it was doing it by itself) and now will not turn back on.

I've tried the 3 finger reset to no avail. The hardest part in working through this was getting a straight response to how to find the hwver. Originally without it getting past the splash screen I couldn't find what it was, thus the reading and the couple of shots in the dark.

In the thread of "How to manually update...", there was a poster ("BLEM" I think) around post #52 that describes what I'm experiencing. However that discussion was lost when other posters started asking other questions. The tablet is in great shape and I'm hoping there is a method that can resurrect it. Even if the response is you've got to take it apart and get a new ROM...or something.

Thanks in advance.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hello all...I'm new here and have a similar issue as what's discussed in this thread. I've read the other threads and took special interest in the "How to manually update...Froyo 2.2". I've flashed other tablets before so I felt confident doing another one.

I purchased the tablet off E-Bay and it was only booting up to the Sylvania splash screen (just fun to play around with these gadgets). I performed the 3 finger reset and it responded with "no image to boot from". I downloaded the IUW program and first used the "11.2.0.6.2.0 beta3.ius" firmware. The tablet kicked back that it was not the right one. So I downloaded "11.2.1.5 beta3fina2.ius" and it started within the tablet. It reached the end of uploading like the video in this thread, asked for the SD card to be removed and to reboot. When I took the SD card out, the screen went black (I thought it was doing it by itself) and now will not turn back on.

I've tried the 3 finger reset to no avail. The hardest part in working through this was getting a straight response to how to find the hwver. Originally without it getting past the splash screen I couldn't find what it was, thus the reading and the couple of shots in the dark.

In the thread of "How to manually update...", there was a poster ("BLEM" I think) around post #52 that describes what I'm experiencing. However that discussion was lost when other posters started asking other questions. The tablet is in great shape and I'm hoping there is a method that can resurrect it. Even if the response is you've got to take it apart and get a new ROM...or something.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, you have probably caused irreparable damage (bricked) the tablet by burning the entire InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius).

For those that only needed the backup system image "SYSBACK" also known as zSYS.img to restore the tablet when the specific Hardware Id "hwver" could not be identified I posted a step by step description previously in this thread. It was used by JV90 successfully in a similar situation but requires some effort.

The tablet is still good for parts sales. The screen is easy to break with no known replacement and the battery is not widely available. I'm sure in the next few weeks there will lots of request for replacement parts as they are not covered under warranty. Seek out those opportunities and put the proceeds toward a new tablet.

Halfabrain

Dec 20, 2011
Thanks cfrockit...I think I'm going to tear into it and also find another busted tablet and see what will come of it.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Last edited:

terrymorgan

Jul 30, 2012
My Synet7 was working fine, then 1 day I turned it on and had no usb, no 'extra' sd card, tried to upgrade got 'not enough
storage 59MB >0'. I can run the (useless) apps on the built in SD card, but I use this for reading/watching movies on the SD and
USB cards, bought this at Big Lots last November, how long is the warranty for?

punisher1974

Jul 30, 2012
I have the same problem my tabelt is stuck on the sylvania creen when I turn it on what can I do to get this thing working. I believe the os needs to be redownloaded to tablet how can I do this. someone please help me.

bobra

May 16, 2013
I've done all the steps, put the tablet remains unanswered. Do NOT display the logo is black screen nothing happens.