Brick Your Sylvania Tablet and Now Stuck Before Anm. Logo? How to Fix

dwarf365

Jul 16, 2011
Well hi to all. I hope this helps. I'm going to show how I brought my Sylvania Tablet ( 7", android 2.1 Express model from CVS pharmacy) back from a state of brick after trying to run Pandora.
*Be sure you plug your tablet into the charger before starting!*

1. Download iuw1.2 package and unzip. ( I use the desktop to make it easy) there will be 2 folders.
2. Download 11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3 Sylvania works.ius file and unzip.
3. Plug in a USB cable to a windows XP computer (heard it doesn't work on other OS)
4. Plug other end into otg port next to audio out.
5. Push power button like you are turning it on and set the tablet down.
6. Computer will recognize new device and ask for drivers. Point the driver tool at the second folder called otg_driver for all drivers needed. (comes in iuw package)
7. Now open first folder in iuw package iuw1.2 (iuw1.2 :p) and run program.
8. Select link USB, set USB mode to easy burn.
9. Next choose a wrapped image(click the button next to the text window labeled ... and choose the beta3 .ius file)
10. In the link information window under Dv. the box should be green meaning the tablet is connected and ready. Click Burn.
11. During all this the screen should be black, but shortly after you click burn communicating with computer will appear on the screen along with progress bars. Just be patient, When it is all done it will tell you to unplug from otg port and reset, so do just that unplug from the tablet and take your stylus and tap the reset button on back to shut down.
12. After you power back on it will take a little time to apply the image file but all the sudden the logo will start to flash and then the all satisfying touch screen to calibrate.

I Hope all goes well, it took me hours to figure out how to get a working img. file to work in a working flasher.

As a side note it is the updated android 2.2 ver. also it says HDMI connected (lol express ver, no hdmi) however still has full functionality.

11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3 sylvania works.ius.zip (11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3 Sylvania works.ius file)

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Well hi to all. I hope this helps. I'm going to show how I brought my Sylvania Tablet ( 7", android 2.1 Express model from CVS pharmacy) back from a state of brick after trying to run Pandora.

I Hope all goes well, it took me hours to figure out how to get a working img. file to work in a working flasher.

Welcome! A "factory reset - (three finger method)" posted as a Sticky thread at the top of this forum may have more easily resolved your issue however, if "No recovery image is found ..." then burning an update, as you have found, restores the tablet. Sorry it took you so long to figure out all that information as it is also posted in the Sticky thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html at the top of this forum. Many of the SYTABEX7 tablets have been successfully updated/restored using 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius. There are more discussions specific to the CVS Express model in the Sticky thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/11382-sylvania-sytabex7-owners-must-read.html.

As a side note it is the updated android 2.2 ver. also it says HDMI connected (lol express ver, no hdmi) however still has full functionality.

Yes, all of the InfoTM firmware includes drivers for HDMI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and GPS even though many of the tablets do not have the physical hardware to support. Some of that information is posted in the Sticky thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html which is a great place to start to understand the unique characteristics of these tablets.

Last edited:

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
3. Plug in a USB cable to a windows XP computer (heard it doesn't work on other OS)

I never could get the drivers from the 1.1 IUW to work with Win7 or Vista. (both 64-bit) But I WAS able to get the 1.2 IUW drivers to work on the Vista laptop. I have flashed from beta 4 to beta 5 and back to beta 4 with the1.2IUW using the Sticky cfrockit mentioned as a guide each time. The only problem I had installing the drivers was the timing. the first time I tried the Tab stopped waiting for the OTG connection just before the drivers were done installing and IUW wouldn't see the tab. The second time the timing was right and it all installed and has worked every time.

dwarf365

Jul 16, 2011
Three Finger salute doesn't work on this tablet even after doing a 2.2 update on the device. also the resources are so deeply buried and split apart its near impossible to find the files. So my post stays.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Three Finger salute doesn't work on this tablet even after doing a 2.2 update on the device. also the resources are so deeply buried and split apart its near impossible to find the files. So my post stays.

Thanks for the consolidated steps, one of the biggest issues is much of the information for these tablets is buried throughout the forum and on multiple other sites. It would be great to have a wiki as do some of the more popular infoTM tablets.

In order to obtain the ability to apply a "Three Finger salute" the zSYS.img needs to be burned separately.

Since the individual images (U0, Ramdisk, Userdata, system) didn't exist without a lot of effort to extract them form the InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) multi-part files this was previously not possible.

However, again buried deep within the Custom Sylvania ROM development thread is a "How To" extract ADR_AS using vio's IusEdit_0.41 application to obtain the zSYS.img from the InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file that can be burned as SYSBACK using IUW.exe in USB mode: Expert burn. Once burned, this should provide the ability to apply a factory reset (three finger method).

$zSYS.JPG

dwarf365

Jul 16, 2011
cfrockit thanks so much for all your posts! your info and files brought a 1 week old tablet back from death (because i had to try Pandora from a nexus one. worked for a min then freaked out) Also thanks for looking over my post and adding where necessary. You are my newest hero! lol Thank you so much!

orkamcclurg

Nov 13, 2012
*Be sure you plug your tablet into the charger before starting!*

1. Download iuw1.2 package and unzip. ( I use the desktop to make it easy) there will be 2 folders.
2. Download 11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3 Sylvania works.ius file and unzip.
4. Plug other end into otg port next to audio out.
5. Push power button like you are turning it on and set the tablet down.
6. Computer will recognize new device and ask for drivers. Point the driver tool at the second folder called otg_driver for all drivers needed. (comes in iuw package)
7. Now open first folder in iuw package iuw1.2 (iuw1.2 :p) and run program.
8. Select link USB, set USB mode to easy burn.
9. Next choose a wrapped image(click the button next to the text window labeled ... and choose the beta3 .ius file)
10. In the link information window under Dv. the box should be green meaning the tablet is connected and ready. Click Burn.
11. During all this the screen should be black, but shortly after you click burn communicating with computer will appear on the screen along with progress bars. Just be patient, When it is all done it will tell you to unplug from otg port and reset, so do just that unplug from the tablet and take your stylus and tap the reset button on back to shut down.
12. After you power back on it will take a little time to apply the image file but all the sudden the logo will start to flash and then the all satisfying touch screen to calibrate.

11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3 sylvania works.ius.zip (11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3 Sylvania works.ius file)

what does it mean if your computer doesnt see it and ask for drivers

Rabbitas

May 10, 2013
Hi dwarf365 !!!I am trying to fix my son's Sylvania tablet from CVS but pc does not recognize the tablet, you know, the infoTMIC screen, I already tried the three finger method, it did not work, Ive got the " ...No recovery image is found...." message, What can I do?, Thanks