[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Installed and working fine. Used the beta4 in the cheaper tablet and the 5_1 in the other. Other than minor issues with screen rotation and no HDMI notification, the tablet works fine. I did get an error while attempting to move contents to the SD card, in Titanium Backup Pro. That error said that my SU permissions were not set correctly on the white board. Hmm? Any ideas?

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I am back to NET7 with the 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta5 update, it wouldn't let me revert back to the 11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3

but NOW I get this unusual logo animations at start up.... and NO ROTATE AT ALL!

and all of the print (text) on menus are small... it was like a change in resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
Installed and working fine. Used the beta4 in the cheaper tablet and the 5_1 in the other. Other than minor issues with screen rotation and no HDMI notification, the tablet works fine. I did get an error while attempting to move contents to the SD card, in Titanium Backup Pro. That error said that my SU permissions were not set correctly on the white board. Hmm? Any ideas?

Easily repaired this issue by installing busybox.

Market working.

Tablet reliable so far, but screen rotation continues to be frustrating with this beta.

disgo999

May 22, 2011
Took the plunge and updated my DISGO 6000 to Android 2.2 (froyo)

Having waited for months for DISGO to release the official 2.2 for the DISGO 6000 ( mydisgo - my music, my video, my documents ) I've come to the conclusion this is never going to arrive. Assume there is some upgrade bug which would render most of the tablets in the field bricks, so they have given up even telling their customers that its coming next month, every month (to**ers)

Anyway, 2.1-update1 "Eclair" on the DISGO 6000 is almost useless, far too slow and freezy, so I thought I had nothing to lose and go for another update option. This is what I did:

Please note that the hwver on my DISGO 6000 is 12.2.0.5. I can't guarantee what will happen if you try this update. But it appears to have worked for me.

1. Download 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius from http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius This is a DG2.2 upgrade for a Sylvania table, but seems to be the closest hardware match.

2. Download "InfoTM Update Wrap Tool" from xda-developers - View Single Post - infoTMIC Hardware ID's "hwver" and updates (*.ius)

3. I decided to use the SD Card burning option, but had a couple of minor issues:

3.1 You should ideally remove any partition from the SD Card you are going to use for burning the firmware. I couldn't get Win7 to do that, so used a copy of Paragon Partition Manager 9 to delete all partitions on the SD Card (Windows is so pants)

3.2 I couldn't get IUW tools to see my SD Card, so had to run under WinXP compatibility mode to see Removable Media 1 device

3.3 Use IUW to burn 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius to the SD Card (it creates a smallish partition on the SD Card but you won't see any files in Windows)

4. I didn't bother with a factory reset on the DISGO with 2.1. Just power off. Put SD Card in Tablet. Start Tablet and it will boot from SD Card. You have to touch screen when it prompts to start burn process. Let it run (keep tablet on power supply just in case). Eventually it will tell you to take out SD Card and press reset button on back of tablet.

5. First boot will be slow. Also it will come up with SYLVANIA logo instead of DISGO. Remove boot partition from SD Card if you want to use it in the tablet for data / apps. (or better tuck it away for future reburn)

6. I have installed UniversalAndroot and Root Explorer. All ok

7. I have installed Market 3.1.3. This runs ok from scratch but you need to do the following to get access to all apps:

7.1 Run market and set up google mail account as usual.

7.2 Go to Home. Click on Settings. Click on Applications. Click Manage Applications. Click Running. Scroll to Market and click. Click Clear cache then force stop. Scroll to Google Services Framework and click. Click Clear Data then force stop. Go to Home. Start Market. It will fail. Thats ok. REBOOT Tablet.

7.3 After restart start Market. It should now work ok and have access to all apps.

My only problem now is that some apps have "Your device is not compatible with this item" e.g. Google Maps. I'm guessing its because Market is sensing the tablet doesn't have GPS or Network location services (?). Any ideas?

Hope this is useful to all DISGO 6000 owners out there who have bookshelved their tablet. GOOD LUCK !!!

DISGO999

6. Set up Wifi, Date format etc and you will now have a much faster 2.2 Android Tablet. YEY

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
Y
Took the plunge and updated my DISGO 6000 to Android 2.2 (froyo)

Having waited for months for DISGO to release the official 2.2 for the DISGO 6000 ( mydisgo - my music, my video, my documents ) I've come to the conclusion this is never going to arrive. Assume there is some upgrade bug which would render most of the tablets in the field bricks, so they have given up even telling their customers that its coming next month, every month (to**ers)

Anyway, 2.1-update1 "Eclair" on the DISGO 6000 is almost useless, far too slow and freezy, so I thought I had nothing to lose and go for another update option. This is what I did:

Please note that the hwver on my DISGO 6000 is 12.2.0.5. I can't guarantee what will happen if you try this update. But it appears to have worked for me.

1. Download 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius from http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius This is a DG2.2 upgrade for a Sylvania table, but seems to be the closest hardware match.

2. Download "InfoTM Update Wrap Tool" from xda-developers - View Single Post - infoTMIC Hardware ID's "hwver" and updates (*.ius)

3. I decided to use the SD Card burning option, but had a couple of minor issues:

3.1 You should ideally remove any partition from the SD Card you are going to use for burning the firmware. I couldn't get Win7 to do that, so used a copy of Paragon Partition Manager 9 to delete all partitions on the SD Card (Windows is so pants)

3.2 I couldn't get IUW tools to see my SD Card, so had to run under WinXP compatibility mode to see Removable Media 1 device

3.3 Use IUW to burn 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius to the SD Card (it creates a smallish partition on the SD Card but you won't see any files in Windows)

4. I didn't bother with a factory reset on the DISGO with 2.1. Just power off. Put SD Card in Tablet. Start Tablet and it will boot from SD Card. You have to touch screen when it prompts to start burn process. Let it run (keep tablet on power supply just in case). Eventually it will tell you to take out SD Card and press reset button on back of tablet.

5. First boot will be slow. Also it will come up with SYLVANIA logo instead of DISGO. Remove boot partition from SD Card if you want to use it in the tablet for data / apps. (or better tuck it away for future reburn)

6. I have installed UniversalAndroot and Root Explorer. All ok

7. I have installed Market 3.1.3. This runs ok from scratch but you need to do the following to get access to all apps:

7.1 Run market and set up google mail account as usual.

7.2 Go to Home. Click on Settings. Click on Applications. Click Manage Applications. Click Running. Scroll to Market and click. Click Clear cache then force stop. Scroll to Google Services Framework and click. Click Clear Data then force stop. Go to Home. Start Market. It will fail. Thats ok. REBOOT Tablet.

7.3 After restart start Market. It should now work ok and have access to all apps.

My only problem now is that some apps have "Your device is not compatible with this item" e.g. Google Maps. I'm guessing its because Market is sensing the tablet doesn't have GPS or Network location services (?). Any ideas?

Hope this is useful to all DISGO 6000 owners out there who have bookshelved their tablet. GOOD LUCK !!!

DISGO999

6. Set up Wifi, Date format etc and you will now have a much faster 2.2 Android Tablet. YEY

Well did this on my dg6000 and finaly have a running Tablet..(shame as it came with 2.2 original but I messed it up after 4 days yep bought 5 days ago)

But it's not great if anything its quite flaky, wifi works then if I turn wifi off it doesn't anylonger and only way to solve it is a reboot everytime. Screen flickers a little too. no apn setup,no location setup.... so need original 2.2.... on a plus side have autoratate lol'!!

has anyone managed to get the dg6000 to update from 2.1 - 2.2 via the update app???

Last edited:

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
You mean, you actually followed instructions, WHAT I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU TO DO?!?!?!!?

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
you can go and sod off....GIVEN..... if you had read previous posts you would have seen was asking for advice.... And this was THE LAST DAMN RESORT!!!!!! OH I forget your "THE TABLET EXPERT" but has found no way to actually help anyone or even written a some form of FIX(Should be easy as your an"EXPERT")other than to quote others... IF YOU HAVE NOTHING WORTH SAY THEN KEEP DAMN QUIET!!!!!

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
It wasn't the last resort, it was the only answer. But nooooo, you can't listen, had to think there is another way, when there wasn't.

And GUESS WHAT I WAS RIGHT.

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
you can go and sod off....GIVEN..... if you had read previous posts you would have seen was asking for advice.... And this was THE LAST DAMN RESORT!!!!!! OH I forget your "THE TABLET EXPERT" but has found no way to actually help anyone or even written a some form of FIX(Should be easy as your an"EXPERT")other than to quote others... IF YOU HAVE NOTHING WORTH SAY THEN KEEP DAMN QUIET!!!!!

Oh, but how could you say that??

I mean....remember all those 'helpful' suggestions Giveen has given to us all? Hmmm.....none pop to mind right now, but I'm sure there has to be one....somewhere.

I can also understand his approach to fixing problems....I've met a lot of techs who have fixed email problems by formatting the hard drive. Well....I've met a lot of 'former' techs anyway. However, you have to admit, when you have your video set to the wrong resolution, formatting the OS and re-installing usually WILL fix the problem. It probably even fixes problems you didn't know you had.

It's all a matter of perspective.

As far as his 'expertise' is concerned....I challenge anybody to stand against his knowledge of "Format C:"....I am certain not a single person here could possibly measure up to the years he has spent on this one subject alone.

So....everyone go back to playing nice, and give Giveen his due.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Time is money.
If the amount of time it takes to re-write the Android OS and the drivers for this device, out weighs the simple task of reloading the device, then by all means do that.

Or, you could simply reload the OS, which takes a whole 5 minutes to try.

Comparing Windows support to Android support is just plain stupid. For a stupid email problem, yes, sometimes reloading the email software fixes a lot of things, but I wouldn't try to format the hard drive. Again, the amount of time is what is important. Reloading the email software would take 10 minutes, just like reloading the OS on this device.

But whatever, no skin off my back. I got a DS7.

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
Yes, time is money. Which is why, in my MANY MANY years of working on hardware I have taken the time to learn all about a problem, and not just head for the nuclear option. I have been known to study a particular virus or software issue for days. Then, the next time I saw it, I had the fix in minutes.

This is how it's done. This is how you become a technician. Not just by having an answer, but by knowing every detail about the issue you are facing. In the end, you save far more hours than it would take to wipe and reload. You also gain more knowledge for the next scenarios you encounter.

Anybody can wipe and reload a system, but you need a tech to FIX a problem.

bleach

Oct 17, 2011

Elitism
, there is NO known cure to revive a tablet that has irreparable damage (bricked) by applying the incorrect InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file. The files contain multiple images one being U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" that is programmed for the specific board in the tablet.

The Disgo 6000's have been previously reported as board 12.2.0.5. Other Disgo 6000 users applied 11.2.0.6 without issue but 11.2.18 is for a different type board.

What Hardware ID "hwver" was identified in Step 1 of How to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo" before burning the update file?

If the Hardware ID "hwver" was 12.2.0.5 then try using the Disgo update file and see if the tablet responds. It is doubtful that it will restore the tablet since previous reports state once the incorrect file is burned the device is bricked.

Do's this still stand regarding a bricked tablet (or two lol) has anybody found a way to get them working again?
i have two here no sd card flashing or conecting to pc so far works but maybe im missing something hope you can help cfrockit, will post more details later of what i did but need some sleep now