Bricked Coby Kyros MID 7033

Sep 18, 2012
Hello to all the community.
I posted this problem in another thread but I have more doubts about the recovery of this tablet.
The initial problem is that with root permissions I modify the permissions of the folder system without dismount the unit (I trying to change the permissions of a other folder), then the tablet screen froze and said nothing more.
At restart COBY logo appears for about 10 seconds, disappears and reappears for another 10 seconds cyclically.
I access the menu of recovery (vol-and power button pressed together), and use the "wipe / factory reset" unable to retrieve the tablet (this format cache and data but anyway).
At all this I send 7 mails requesting support form coby and the firmware, detailing what happened to me, but I only answered the second mail with the method of the factory reset, not responded the five mail following.
By accessing recovery mode I try to connecting via ADB but the tablet answer "0123456789ABCDEF offline" obviously unable to start android I can not activate the debugging mode.

I explained my problem, queries are:

Pressing together vol+ and vol- and power button, Window$ detects a drive with 512 MB free VDFU, who that is this unit?.
Fastboot mode exists in this tablet?, As active if any?
Anyone have the original firmware with a detailed explanation of how to install it? I Appreciate it if they did.
Honestly I am very interested to recovery my tablet, where I live this tablet costs $1000 and the average monthly salary of an employee is about $4000, is that it is not interested COBY, (for this not have responded).
Also inside in this tablet reside files very importants for me, but I resigne lose this files if recovery my tablet.
Also tell them that I have experience in linux and I own a workshop of industrial electronic services.
I hope can help me and remember that, with ADB commands always respond with offline, fastboot I can't run, the wipe and tried them all.

Thanks
Greetings!

P.D.: My english is very basic i'm sorry, please patience.

voyeurtp

Sep 7, 2010
Hello to all the community.
I posted this problem in another thread but I have more doubts about the recovery of this tablet.
The initial problem is that with root permissions I modify the permissions of the folder system without dismount the unit (I trying to change the permissions of a other folder), then the tablet screen froze and said nothing more.
At restart COBY logo appears for about 10 seconds, disappears and reappears for another 10 seconds cyclically.
I access the menu of recovery (vol-and power button pressed together), and use the "wipe / factory reset" unable to retrieve the tablet (this format cache and data but anyway).
At all this I send 7 mails requesting support form coby and the firmware, detailing what happened to me, but I only answered the second mail with the method of the factory reset, not responded the five mail following.
By accessing recovery mode I try to connecting via ADB but the tablet answer "0123456789ABCDEF offline" obviously unable to start android I can not activate the debugging mode.

I explained my problem, queries are:

Pressing together vol+ and vol- and power button, Window$ detects a drive with 512 MB free VDFU, who that is this unit?.
Fastboot mode exists in this tablet?, As active if any?
Anyone have the original firmware with a detailed explanation of how to install it? I Appreciate it if they did.
Honestly I am very interested to recovery my tablet, where I live this tablet costs $1000 and the average monthly salary of an employee is about $4000, is that it is not interested COBY, (for this not have responded).
Also inside in this tablet reside files very importants for me, but I resigne lose this files if recovery my tablet.
Also tell them that I have experience in linux and I own a workshop of industrial electronic services.
I hope can help me and remember that, with ADB commands always respond with offline, fastboot I can't run, the wipe and tried them all.

Thanks
Greetings!

P.D.: My english is very basic i'm sorry, please patience.

twisted_transistor

I also have a Kyros 7035 (capacitive screen ) and have a similar problem to yours. I tryed to modify the build.prop and somehow I might have done something wrong because my tablet boots but gives an error when I slide the lock on the desktop.

I have tryed many ways to solve the problem but the ADB offline condition does not let me do the correction. I got the dump files for this tablet at this forum but could not find a way to restore them. Also found ROM for similar tablets (Vimicro procesor) but could not flash it

I live in Buenos Aires and may be we can meet and help each other.
Saludos

Sep 18, 2012
Hi voyerup.
I feel the same, if there is any way to activate the debugging mode, it would facilitate things, but for now it is not. Any news please keep me aware, I'm trying for now boot from the SD card but so far without success.
We keep in touch.
Greetings!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Perhaps a gold Card or service model card will help you call coby.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

voyeurtp

Sep 7, 2010
tragidy,
I called Coby Service in the States requesting a ROM and flash procedure. I explained them I can not use l Coby´s local service because my guaranty is only valid in the USA. They would not understand my needs because their speech was ¨ship it to the states¨

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Coby tech support isn't a customer friendly support team. They are simply a warranty replacement facility.

ddbls

Sep 29, 2012
Coby tech support isn't a customer friendly support team. They are simply a warranty replacement facility.

Try techknow.com, they have firmware for all types of android tablets. It's free but you have to register first. Good luck!

ddbls

Sep 29, 2012
tragidy,
I called Coby Service in the States requesting a ROM and flash procedure. I explained them I can not use l Coby´s local service because my guaranty is only valid in the USA. They would not understand my needs because their speech was ¨ship it to the states¨

Try techknow.com, they have firmware for all types of android tablets. It's free but you have to register first. Good luck!

Martin78b

Aug 21, 2012
Hi. if you plug in a pc while android is loading?
That worked for me.
then you can modify or restore build.prop