Bricked mid8024. Done everything to restore :\

realopty

Jun 4, 2012
Hello

So ive bricked the mid8024 really good. I have a vast knowladge of linux, android, even u-boot.... Ive read this forum and others up and down tried everything. The pin short method does nothing. When pressing the power button lights stay lit untill released or ~10 secoonds.

How did i brick it? well i was trying to flash the rom ... said it updated recovery, bootloader, and failed at zimage (kernel).

Is there any info on the serial pin out>?

Open to suggestions
Will

realopty

Jun 4, 2012
um wow. so i got pissed and tried to destroy it.... needles to say it booted into a recovery? and its fixing its self.... wow wtf.

^- that describes my luck.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
LoL, you scared the tablet into repairing itself. Anyway glad you found a solution, good luck to you.

realopty

Jun 4, 2012
yeah so i tried the two most popular roms on this forum. both of them messed up the lcd. placed a red line at the top horiziontaly at the top. picture was all fuzzy and looked like the ratio was off. only see 75% of screen? any fix?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I suggest getting pissed and try to destroy it!

icon_laugh.gif

Well, not really...

Sounds like either a hardware or software issue. If it is a software issue, a different ROM should fix it. If it is a hardware issue, not sure how to fix that. Could be a loose video cable, bad board inside or many other things. It will probably need to be returned and replaced or repaired to fix it.

Also, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to stop by.