Browser closes after a few second

alfisti

Jun 1, 2012
I got a T105 from Woot yesterday. I powered it up and immediately found the web browser seems to close on its own after a few seconds. How can I fix this? (yes I am a complete Android noob) Thanks

soltner59

Apr 24, 2011
Cruz support page has the solution. Basically turn off Wi-Fi, open browser, chose a different home page. There is a problem with Google homepage and Java.

w9ran

Jun 6, 2012
I'm another Woot buyer, changed the homepage and it seems to work. It seems ironic that Google-developed software doesn't work with Google homepage!

I'm a little ticked-off at Woot, not for this but for the lack of a camera, as indicated in their ad. But hey, it's a great tablet for fifty bucks!

w9ran

Jun 6, 2012
changed the homepage and it seems to work

I'm going to have to revise what I said above. It did allow me to get past the Google problem that was killing the browser upon launch, but I also found the same issue when I tried to open the SlideMe app store page. So I got p#ss3ed and turned off Javascript, and now things seem to work. Obviously without Javascript support.

This tells me the Cruz answer is only partially true, if the problem is not limited to the Google homepage. I've submitted a ticket and will report what I find out.