Browser Problems

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
What's up with these browsers that won't open the msn website? I have 6 browsers installed on my pad because i am trying to find one that is worth a crap. Firefox, Dolphin and the stock browsers open it ok. Chrome, Boat and Naked browsers give a message that says "bad request-invalid header. Http error 400. The request has an invalid header name." Boat and Naked browsers are fast but have too many problems. Chrome gets squirrely at times. Dolphin is pretty guick, but won't play flash. Firefox does most of what I want, but it just isn't fast enough. It's hard to believe at this point in android development they can't come up with one decent browser that has speed and consistency.

Also, with a couple of the ones that do open msn, the keypad constantly pops up. It also pops up whenever I go to the next page on 4 shared.

I have had a tf201 and this tf700 for over a year now and I have been patiently waiting for the browser problems that everyone complains about to get fixed.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
What's up with the time stamped on my post? I posted at 9:57pm and the stamp says 3:57am. My tablet has the correct time.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Look at your "settings" > general and adjust the time zone. As for your browser problems, have you tried Firefox on a different WiFi, like a public hotspot? Chrome and Dolphin don't currently support Flash, (though it IS working on mine but I think it's because I've had both installed for so long).

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
Time zone is set properly. I am usually in the room where the router is set up. I have a very strong signal and have changed the channel so that I seldom get any overlap from other networks. I have computers in other rooms and one that is in my outside office. They work fine on the network. I am aware of the laggy browsers from reading different forums. I guess I was hoping that someone would all of a sudden come up with a magical solution that I haven't read about yet. I am not interested in rooting my tablet as it is still under warranty. I also believe that we shouldn't have to alter these things given the money we spend on them.
I would still like to know if anyone has an observation on the msn subject about which I inquired. It seems weird that a major browser like chrome, or any browser for that matter would pose such a problem.

I am the curious type that wants things to work as they should. I was an auto tech for over 30yrs and when something is not working properly I want to find out why.

These days I remanufacture toner cartridges and dabble in computer repair for friends and family, so i'm not totally green in this area.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Computers has been my full time profession since 1989 so I'm not exactly green either. I can suggest you look at the router to see if the TZ is set correctly in the firmware. As for my other suggestions I can tell you that there isn't one browser on Android that can be considered major, not like on a PC.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
You didn't mention the router when you said to check the time zone, so I checked the setting on the tablet. I will do that next. I wasn't trying to be a smartass when I said that I wasn't green, I just wanted it known that I try to check and research things before I ask for help. Thanks.