Bulk Of Questions From A Person New To Tablets/Smartphones etc.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Well, Okay. Could you share some reasons for that? And why its better then the other options listed.
I apparently do more research than you. Let's just say it is. ;)

This is not the only tablet forum where I am on staff. If you had a larger budget or were looking for a larger tablet my answer would have been different.

Both @PitCarver and myself have provide what may be the one reason you seem to have chosen to ignore. The single biggest complaint with nearly all tablets, no matter what the other specs are, is running out of internal memory if it only started with 8GB, Having a microSD card slot will only carry you so far as the newest versions of Android won't allow you to move apps and their associated data to the SD card without rooting the tablet.

Bottom line, make your own decision, you will need to live with it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well, Okay. Could you share some reasons for that? And why its better then the other options listed.
ASUS is the best of the tablets you have listed, I got a great deal last month on a iview i-700 cost only $45 during the sale, Intel dual core 2GB RAM 16GB internal storage, that sale is over.

You can't decide between a new tablet and a used tablet that has already failed?
Refurbished means the tablet has already failed once.
You can't decide between a Intel and mtk processor? Are you sure you have any computer experience?
Hint Intel is better.
You can't decide between 16GB of internal storage or 8GB?
Hint 16GB is better.
It's your money buy the tablet you want, you ask which is better and you have received responses in the end choice is up to you.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

IndustryStandard

Dec 15, 2014
I don't have either of these units, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but looking at the additional information, such as the best sellers ranking, I'd still go with the Asus. It's also upgradeable to a newer OS. I'm sure that leeshor could give you better information than I can.

There are folks, here, that are extremely happy with tablets from companies that I've never even heard of. I do believe that once you get into an Android device, you'll be pleased.
The ultimate decision is yours.

The Acer can also be upgraded to 4.4.
I don't really know what is considered good specs relating to tablets, but the Toshiba having a quad core vs the dual core on the Asus. Eh. Just not seeing the big advantages this Asus is really having.

IndustryStandard

Dec 15, 2014
I apparently do more research than you. Let's just say it is. ;)

This is not the only tablet forum where I am on staff. If you had a larger budget or were looking for a larger tablet my answer would have been different.

Both @PitCarver and myself have provide what may be the one reason you seem to have chosen to ignore. The single biggest complaint with nearly all tablets, no matter what the other specs are, is running out of internal memory if it only started with 8GB, Having a microSD card slot will only carry you so far as the newest versions of Android won't allow you to move apps and their associated data to the SD card without rooting the tablet.

Bottom line, make your own decision, you will need to live with it.

Didn't even see this.

Past experiences and learning the hard way from things, have forced me to be a bit distrusting to reasons being that you say so. I don't deny your knowledge exceeding mine, it does. But storage really isn't a issue for me, This tablet will do internet browsing and maybe a game/emulator. I am not a person who enjoys the apps listed, so 16gb alone isn't a good reason for me. Now if your reasoning is Asus having a better track record then Toshiba for, Reliability, Durability, Services etc. Then thats a different story.