Camera quality

xtra30

Jan 9, 2011
how do i get my front camera to work on my huawei s7 tablet while useing the oovoo app dose any one else have this problem

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Check the development sub-forum for a working fix. Can set front as default even after reboot.
There is also a .Apk created to do this.
If use fring for video calls, they updated their app with a camera switcher.

Now you have three options.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

Last edited:

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
OK, for the life of me on Fring I can not figure out how to get my camera to switch, I keep using the mod to change my default camera. However I would rather just do this in Fring, what am I missing????

Yes I have the updated version and everything, I am just an idiot and can't figure it out. Thanks

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Should see three buttons in fring when you make a video call, one is half circle arrow for cam switch.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

xtra30

Jan 9, 2011
i tryed the apk file for oovoo and fring it dosen't work unless im doing something wrong but thanks any way 50

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Hey guys,
Does the S7 have autofocus or anything like that? Maybe I just have to turn it on or something. I even went outside on a clear day with bright sunlight and the picture of my car was almost awful. I just can't believe a 2 MP camera would take such lousy images, and this is my second device; I exhanged the last one because I wanted one with a better camera. I returned the first hoping to get a newer, better one.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Can anyone confirm whether this camera problem is because of the hardware or the software? I called Huawei Customer service again, and the tech guy actually went to get an S7 to try it for himself. He agreed that the camera image was not very good, and promised to send a message the corporate people.

smartin

Jan 31, 2011
Great you've followed up like that. I'm still only at the "complaining on the internet" level of irritation.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Ifyou find anything wrong with the device, you hould discuss it or research it on the Internet a little, in case there's a solution, and then call the customer service number. That's why thy publish the number. They need your feedback on significant or solvable problems, even if the user manual just need to have another paragraph added.

But I think everbody that owns one should call Huawei to complain about the camera and ask them to fix it. IMO, That's about the only thing that's not right (it could use some more memory for apps, and OS 2.2)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure what you want fixed. I don't think the hardware even autofocuses.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I would like to see better optics maybe. For some reason, the image is slightly out of focus at any distance, as if the lens was dirty or smudged, or made of cheap plastic. Also, when I use the camera app, the screen looks like it has 'snow' or static on it. It is very grainy at any resolution, even 'super-fine' quality.

Some detailed documentation would probably help.