Can firmware be upgraded?

NicyKristy

Apr 10, 2011
I have a MID 7" Tablet with Android. The Model is generic. The firmware version is 1.6. The kernel version is 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty. The build number is WMT2.1.1.

Is there a way to upgrade the firmware? I ask because when I try to download an android app I am told that I do not have permission to be on the site and the only explanation I can find for not having "permission" is that my firmware version is not 2.0 or newer. :(

I would appreciate any help someone can give me!

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
With the information you've been able to give, no one is going to be able to offer much advice... not your fault or theirs.
I would research side loading applications instead of downloading them. If you have an SD card slot or similar, put the applications (normally an .apk file) on there. Hopefully you'll have some sort of file manager on your tab and can browse to and 'click' on the file at which point it will ask if you want to install it.
Another option is to get the android sdk working and 'push' files onto your tab.
There are other solutions too... older versions of apps support android 1.6, there might be new firmware if you can figure out exactly what it is, etc, etc.
take a pic front & back, someone might be able to ID it then.