Can I copy music in itunes on my imac to an android tablet?

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
I have over 9G of music I own on cd copied into my imac itunes .None of it was purchased from itunes so none of it has DRM protection.If I plug an android tablet using USB connection to my Imac can i just drag my whole itunes music into the tablet?Will cover art be copied to tablet also? thanks Matt

ABQStan

Nov 2, 2011
I think it depends upon the format and what files your Android can play. You may need to convert to mp3 in some cases.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
I have over 9G of music I own on cd copied into my imac itunes .None of it was purchased from itunes so none of it has DRM protection.If I plug an android tablet using USB connection to my Imac can i just drag my whole itunes music into the tablet?Will cover art be copied to tablet also? thanks Matt

If you ripped the music yourself and it has no DRM, then,yeah, youre good to go. As for the cover art... it may or may not work. I think that depends on if the ID3 tags are properly configured in the mp3 files.

siddhanth

Nov 3, 2011
hey guys, i am new to the ANdroid world and i have just purchased an Android powered Asus Eee pad , i am finding it difficult to access the Android market as it askes me to log in with a google account whch i do with my Primary account, but i get the message that there is no Android phone linked to this account.. Any suggestions//

AdamToledo

Apr 15, 2014
Step 1: Install Android File Transfer on your Mac computer (OS X 10.5 or later). This application will let you transfer files between your Mac and your Android device (Android 3.0 or later).

Step 2: Enable USB Mass Storage mode on your Android. To do so, go to Settings > More (under Wireless and network) > USB utilities > Set USB cable connection mode. Then, select “Connect storage to PC.”

Step 3: At this point, you will be prompted to “Connect your USB cable to use mass storage.” Using the USB cable that came with your Android device, connect your device to your Mac.

Step 4: Now that your devices are connected, double-click Android File Transfer on your Mac to open it.

Step 5: Using Finder on your Mac, navigate to your Android device, which will be on your desktop. Open another Finder window anywhere on your Mac — most likely your Music folder, for the purpose of this tutorial. Now, you can drag-and-drop to files from one device to the other, copy-and-paste them, or whatever else you want. You can also delete files from your Android to make room for more stuff.
You may also follow this tutorial:

Last edited:

UDandrew

Apr 12, 2014
here is a video about manually copying itunes music to android tablet, wish this can help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCp1I9wgsxU