How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Tablet

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, Apple offered to resell you DRM free songs you had already purchased, which is one reason why Apple sucks. I just stripped the drm myself, simple, rather than pay their extortionary fee of.30 per song (you already supposedly own).
Don't use the method of burning a cd and re-ripping it, remember mp3 and aac are lossy (not sure I spelled that right) compression meaning if you rip a cd to mp3 then convert back to cd audio it is a lesser quality than you started with. Ripping to mp3 or AAC again will result in a lower quality file than you srarted with. Definately just strip the drm and be done with it, there are good applications that will do batch proccessing.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, Apple offered to resell you DRM free songs you had already purchased, which is one reason why Apple sucks. I just stripped the drm myself, simple, rather than pay their extortionary fee of.30 per song (you already supposedly own).
Don't use the method of burning a cd and re-ripping it, remember mp3 and aac are lossy (not sure I spelled that right) compression meaning if you rip a cd to mp3 then convert back to cd audio it is a lesser quality than you started with. Ripping to mp3 or AAC again will result in a lower quality file than you srarted with. Definately just strip the drm and be done with it, there are good applications that will do batch proccessing.

If one reads through the terms and conditions of the iTunes store, technically one does not OWN the music file. They own the digital rights to access/use the music on up to 10 devices linked to their iTunes account (up to 5 computers, and up to a total of 10 devices). Since one computer must be linked at a minimum, it will be at most 9 iDevices and 1 computer.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Which is why I said 'supposedly' own. Actually I don't spend a lot of time worrying about their stipulations. The only reason I buy my music, when I can get anything for free, is I want to support and reward the artists in the hopes they will continue to create. The world would be a dreary place without music, the written word and pretty much every other creative and artful endeavor.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Strange things happening here, double posting, can't be user error....maybe

Last edited:

kimayharden

Mar 20, 2013
I signed up for Google Music and installed the client. This transfer all of your music from iTunes and puts it on the Google Cloud. Then you can play it on your tablet through the music app. You can also make it available offline too. Available in the US only at this time.

Another option is the app DoubleTwist. It is an iTunes style interface and you can sync via the USB cable to your tablet. If you opt for the AirSync add on for $5 you can sync over WiFi from your computer.

Last suggestion I have is to copy your MP3 folder to a microSD and put that in your tablet (if you have a microSD). You can also do the same thing with a USB drive if your tablet has USB, or you can probably plug it into your computer and iPhone transfer it directly via the USB cable by dragging and dropping the files to the tablet from the computer.
I use iSyncr for iTunes. The app is in the Play Store...one for PC or one for Mac. Easy to use. The app will take you through the install. Used it on my Droid X, Bionic and now my GN2. Good iTunes app.

Last edited:

urstrinath

Jun 7, 2013
Check on this video for transferring songs from itunes to Tablet
hope it helps you

Last edited by a moderator:

Denisc

Feb 6, 2014
There is also an app called iTunes Agent... it will allow you to sync your Android device with iTunes directly..no saving in cloud, no internet, its directly to it. I use it with my Razr.
Hi as I am new to forums etc please forgive if I am not posting this question correctly. I have an Acer A501 tablet & have just purchased the new iPod touch can I use iTunes agent to tfr music , PDF & JPEG files from tablet to my iPod via iTunes? Cheers

dsmith8585

May 29, 2014
I transferred iTunes app from computer to my tablet. How do I get it from file manager to my home screen? thanks