Can I Root Without Removing the MicroSD Card?

FergatROn

Feb 7, 2011
Hi,

I've got a NC with software version 1.0.1. I see on NookColor Rooting - nookDevs and the YouTube video below that my computer needs an SD card reader. My computer does NOT have such a reader. Is there a way of rooting without the need for removing the MicroSD card I already have in it? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You need something other than your NC that reads an mSD card. I used my cellphone with success.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I used the mSD slot on my printer. Nooter needs to be burned to an sdcard. Walmart has some pretty cheap standalone readers.

FergatROn

Feb 7, 2011
You need something other than your NC that reads an mSD card. I used my cellphone with success.
Excellent! I thought of using my phone, but then I wondered if I'm still using another device to transfer the data why can't I simply keep the mSD in my NC and continue with the process. Either way I'll use my Droid. Thanks.

FergatROn

Feb 7, 2011
Success! I'm writing you guys from my recently rooted book. The mSD through my cell phone worked just fine. Next mystery to solve is tethering. Thanks again.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am glad it is working! For tethering with a Droid you will have to look for the instructions for Adhoc (in useful links thread) and your Droid will need to be rooted I believe.