Can I tether with my phone?

tweeter

Jan 16, 2011
I think I've pretty much decided I'd like to get either the Archos 70 or 10.1. My problem is that my phone (a Motorola Droid) is kinda old. It is a 3G, can do Bluetooth, and it says I can tether with a USB cable.

Does anyone know if I'd be able to tether either one of these? I'd kinda like GPS, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Please help, I'm about to give up completely and I so want a tablet!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You should not have any issues. Use the setup as described on the Archos web site for PAN connection You could also set it up for DUN. The instructions are fairly straight forward. I was able to pair and do it with my wife's Droid. I still have an old G1 and have to use BT DUN for it to work.

tweeter

Jan 16, 2011
Thank you so much! I dug out the box that my phone came in, and it only calls it a Droid, no number or other name, so I was a bit worried.

When I was searching thru the phone, I did see it talking about PAN and DUN (altho I have absolutely NO idea what they are, LOL.

Now I just have to decide between the 70 and the 10.1. Any suggestions along those lines? I hate not being able to play with one before I buy it, but there don't seem to be many around here.

Thank you again, I really appreciate your input.