Can I updated by Coby Kyros 7015 to OS 3.0 it seems 2.3 maybe but I want 3.0

JustparaDOX

Mar 8, 2011
Is the a tutorial to upgrade Coby Kyros 7015 to the OS Honeycomb 3.0 I've rooted by Tablet and added the Android Market but its still kinda eeehhh. Can someone help me? Is there an easy way or no. Please help. I want a cool tablet not a bleh.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
3.0 isn't available for the Kyros 7015 and never will be. The hardware isn't designed to be compatible with it. It needs a faster processor and more RAM than what the 7015 has.

Murf

Jun 20, 2011
I'm not 100% sure as I'm not using HoneyComb mod, but I don't think it is the real thing (3.0). I believe it is just a front end to give the look and feel of HoneyComb. I'm using GingerBread 2.3.3 (tipstirs) and really like. Tremendous improvement over the sluggish OS that comes on the tablet!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
The Honeycomb and Gingerbread Mods are mostly cosmetic with some performance tweeks.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
I agree there is a video on youtube where they show the Dell Streak I believe running Honeycomb 3.0, and by just changing the lcd screen resolution in the build.prop it changed into Gingerbread Rom. these android roms are built on top of one another. nothing completly different.

thechilidog

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not 100% sure as I'm not using HoneyComb mod, but I don't think it is the real thing (3.0). I believe it is just a front end to give the look and feel of HoneyComb. I'm using GingerBread 2.3.3 (tipstirs) and really like. Tremendous improvement over the sluggish OS that comes on the tablet!

Is there an easy way for a clueless person to update to Gingerbread 2.3.3?:confused: