Can I use my tablet for work??

Monkeynugget

Dec 13, 2010
Hi I've just bought my first android tablet. It's a generic 7 inch tablet that I think is an iPed with os1.6. I've just got a case with a USB keyboard for it and want to know how to use it for college work. Making word docs ect

I've only just got it and haven't done anything to it so any help would be appreciated thanks

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
If you are working on docs make sure you have quick office. It is like office but for android. You can do everything you would normally do.

Sent from my MB200 using Android Tablet Forum App

Monkeynugget

Dec 13, 2010
quick office thanks. The only issue is my native app store doesnt have it. is there any links to getting it of the internet and transfering it to my sd?
Thanks for the fast reply aswell mgr52

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
Here try this thread

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654666

If tha doesn't work I will find the apk when I get home or just google quick office apk

Sent from my MB200 using Android Tablet Forum App

Monkeynugget

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks found the apk on the link and downloaded it. Just gotta get the thing to work now. I put the file onto my sd card and intalled it through a file manager. but for some reason it wont run and asks me to force close it right at the beggining. It my be that the apk isnt all there or that its because im currently using the sd card from my htc desire. Not sure what to do really

Thanks a million btw :)

hueyr11

Dec 13, 2010
totally agreed.
Almost every android tablet has office software preinstalled. you don't have to worry

Monkeynugget

Dec 13, 2010
Yeah thanks guysfor all the great replies. ive got the apks now just gotta get it working. Though i think i need a better more stable ROM though as the generic one is very limited and the market is tiny.