Can this MIFI be the answer to WITS A81E and USB MODEM?

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
Eversince I got my A81E in mid August from Merimobiles, I have been seeking (beseeching?) for an answer as to how best to solve the riddle of the inability to use A81E with USB Modem to access internet, where NO WIFI. I came across this gadget:
Wholesale-Portable wireless Router 3G router freeshipping by HK post

As I am completely ignorant of this field, will some wiser counsel PLE....ASE advise me if I can get this and solve my problem of accessing internet? Thanks.:confused:

No that probably wont work anything you have to plug in through usb is going to be hard to get to work. my suggestion is just buy a phone that is running android 2.2 and can do a native wifi hotspot like the nexus 1 or htc evo or incredible just to name a few. and you wont even have to pay extra for using it as a modem so thats nice

in principle, mifi should solve your problem. not sure if that device would work though - according to the specs it should, but like probbie i don't understand why it has a usb interface. a mifi device is basically a bridge to the 3g provider on one end and to your wifi/wlan devices on the other. if you can get something like the huawei e5830 (a popular mifi device), that should do the trick. a smartphone with hotspot functionality will also do the same thing.

THANK you both Probbie and Wintermute for your advice. But Probbie I am not sure I understand when you say "wont work anything you have to plug in through usb is going to be hard to get to work" ! I thought the device itself has a USB dongle ( SIM card?) to connect to Internet and thus creates a WIFI hotspot which is no dif. from me sitting at home and using my wireless router - is it not? Am I completely out of whack?

Now Winter.. I must find out if "huawei e5830 (a popular mifi device), " can be used in Malaysia, thailand and India country sides where I am travelling.
Thanks a ton to you both.

Back