Can you help me with my touchscreen replacement?

staylor29a11

Jun 18, 2011
I bought a touchscreen replacement for my sylvania mini tablet express. Digital gadgets wouldn't replace the touchscreen, but I have a four wire resistive touchscreen for it. The problem is I don't know how to install it, are there any answers or instruction you can give me?

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
The thin film touch screen with the black surround is just held on by adhesive at the edges and can be easily peeled off the glass. Before you do this you need to remove the back of the unit and gently pry up the battery and remove the bottom circuit board. From the bottom of the unit (In portrait position) you will see a 4 conductor ribbon cable that runs underneath the battery to the motherboard. Release the cable from its socket and gently peel it back to the bottom edge of the tablet. Then peel the screen off the glass, starting at the opposite side from where the ribbon cable enters the unit. Then gently pull the cable out of the tablet. Do the reverse for installing the new screen. Not difficult but it took me about an hour the first time I did it. Chuck