Can You Stream Movies Using Blockbuster?

robertc88

Jan 26, 2011
I know there is an android app. If you have an account with BV, would this be possible if you download the app?

I currently get movies mail order for a monthly fee and rent occasionally at a local store.

Thanks for your replies!

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
Wouldn't it be easier if you call BV customer service directly? I got BV app on my droid 2 but have never intended to use it.

CoMtnMan

Dec 13, 2010
Yes. My tab came with the blockbuster app (vzw). You can"rent"movies which you must finish within 24 hours of starting them or you can buy. They download, not stream, to the tab so I would recommend wifi connection to dl the movies. I haven't watched any yet but they seem to have a good selection. You do have to sign up for am acct, but if you already get their mail service you may have one.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

robertc88

Jan 26, 2011
Yes. My tab came with the blockbuster app (vzw). You can"rent"movies which you must finish within 24 hours of starting them or you can buy. They download, not stream, to the tab so I would recommend wifi connection to dl the movies. I haven't watched any yet but they seem to have a good selection. You do have to sign up for am acct, but if you already get their mail service you may have one.

I have Sprint as my serice provider. I see no choice for this on Blockbuster's website to activate that Tab with them, only if you have Verizon. I see no way of downloading an app to my Tab either.

Oh well, maybe in the future. It it appears it isn't tied into one's Blockbuster account in store or mail order. You pay as you go, mostly $3.99 a shot to download a movie. It would be something nice to have on occasion but if I only have 24 hours, I much rather get a movie from them and watch it on my BD player with no time limit by mail and 3 days for an in store rental..

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
You just use samsung Hub. Download and own for $9.99 and rent from 1.99 with 30days to view.

robertc88

Jan 26, 2011
Can you please give some more info on how to go about doing that, a link would help if possible.

robertc88

Jan 26, 2011
Go to http://market.android.com

then search using "media hub" or "samsung hub". Good luck. guess you can just do the same on the MARKET app. Good luck.

Thanks for the instructions as I can find that app now. It appears it isn't very good though with folks saying it will take the money for the movie (limited selection) and download speeds are slow. If there are problems, the customer support doesn't look very good and you are stuck paying perhaps with ever watching the one you order.

I might give it a try for kicks but I'll be careful as to what I'll spend to do so.

Think I'm going to hunt around for more SGT forums. This one doesn't like like it gets very much traffic. The Nook discussion gets 3 times more viewers than the SGT does. I rather have the SGT though! :)

Last edited: