Cannot connect to internet with Acer Iconia 200

Charleydog

Nov 21, 2012
I cannot connect my Acer Iconia 200 to the internet via wireless. I get the message, "Obtaining IP Address."
I am connecting via Bell 268 modem. The service is fine since my laptop has no trouble connecting.
I have tried the soft reset and the total reset with no luck.
If somebody can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Patricia

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Patricia, welcome to the forum. If you haven't already tried it, reset your router by turning it off for a minute and then back on. That sometimes will solve the problem.

Charleydog

Nov 21, 2012
Hi Patricia, welcome to the forum. If you haven't already tried it, reset your router by turning it off for a minute and then back on. That sometimes will solve the problem.

Thanks for the advice but I don't have a router, per se, put a Bell 268 modem.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the advice but I don't have a router, per se, put a Bell 268 modem.

The modem is probably also your WiFi so it really is a router/modem. See the tips I have for solving WiFi problems in the link in my signature.

Charleydog

Nov 21, 2012
Tried everything you suggested. Modem/router was reset last night with the help of Bell Canada. The Acer 200 tablet works fine at Tim Hortons on their WiFi but I simply can't get beyond the "Obtaining IP address" even though I turned off the laptop (the only other device using WiFi in this house).

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You may want to try setting fixed IP and DNS information for your connection. Despite the support response it still seems like a modem issue. But fixed information may get around it.

Charleydog

Nov 21, 2012
I am ordering a Cisco router because I simply cannot do anything with this Bell modem. I will then set fixed IP addresses for the laptop and Acer tablet. Thank you to everybody who has helped me with this issue.

Patricia