Cannot Copy Text to Clipboard

aph31

Jan 10, 2013
Hi, why everytime i copy text to clipboard my device will not responding and need to restart?
anyone know what cause that problem?
I ever reflashed stock rom, and it fix the problem, but after i use it about 1 week the problem come again

Edit:
I've found the answer
ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

Source:forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/195268-problems-cut-paste.html

Last edited:

pblunk

Dec 2, 2012
Hi, why everytime i copy text to clipboard my device will not responding and need to restart?
I ever reflashed stock rom, and it fix the problem, but after i use it about 1 week the problem come again

Edit:
I've found the answer
ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

Source:forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/195268-problems-cut-paste.html

Be advised that rooting your device will void any wattanty.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Could it be a manifestation of the infamous Samsung clipboard crash bug? If it's running Android 4.x lower than 4.1.2, that's likely it.

You don't need to reflash to "fix" it. You "only" need to do a factory reset.

JB 4.1.2 was alleged to fix it, but that version saw limited release. 4.2.2, which they've been pushing to some tablets, probably fixes it, but nobody knows, because, despite wide-spread knowledge of the problem (see my .sig, for example), Samsung hasn't even admitted to it, much less talked about a fix. Furthermore: 4.2.2 induces a whole bunch of its own issues.

I'll probably be flashing CM 10.1 on my Tab 2 10.1 this weekend. I'm fed up with Samsung's lousy code. Nice hardware, but they really need to fire their entire mobile device software development team, IMO.

Jim