Cannot download apps from google play

sgrgpt

Jul 20, 2012
Hello Everyone, i just purchased a new tablet, micromax funbook . initially it was working fine and i was able to download apps from google play android market but for the past few hours it is unable to download any apps. When i click on accept and download it just says downloading for hours and nothing happens i have tried factory reset, clearing cache , clearing data but nothing happens it just says downloading i have android ICS
Please Help It would mean a world to me Please and Thank You in advance!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If you've done a factory reset and it still isn't working then you may want to look at your WiFi as being a problem, assuming you really did a factory total; data wipe reset. Otherwise it doesn't make a great deal of sense. Try restarting your router to begin the diagnosis.

sgrgpt

Jul 20, 2012
I have tried that too but the downloading wouldn't start !! its so annoying
Please help me!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have tried that too but the downloading wouldn't start !! its so annoying
Please help me!!

Using your browser you should be able to go to the Google Store, find a file you want to install and click install. Assuming you have logged into the Store with the same credentials, see if that installs it OTA. It should.

sgrgpt

Jul 20, 2012
Using your browser you should be able to go to the Google Store, find a file you want to install and click install. Assuming you have logged into the Store with the same credentials, see if that installs it OTA. It should.

I know but it isn't downloading. everytime i click on install it just says downloading. I think its something to do with .android_secure folder coz in a million time when i delete it connecting to laptop i am sometimes able to download.....HELP ME!!!!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I know but it isn't downloading. everytime i click on install it just says downloading. I think its something to do with .android_secure folder coz in a million time when i delete it connecting to laptop i am sometimes able to download.....HELP ME!!!!!

OK, we may be getting closer to the problem. Have you used any app that allowed you to tether, possibly PDANet. Are you using a proxy that you know of?

On the browser install, that could be done from another computer and should simply tell you it will be installed. Have you been able to download anything else, attachments and such?

sgrgpt

Jul 20, 2012
No i haven't downloaded PDAnet or any such kind of softwares and neither attachments. But as you suggested I think there is a problem in my wi-fi as i am facing a same problem in my Phone when i am downloading apps from google play. so i think my wi-fi is a problem. So can you help me with my wi-fi ?? PLEASE!!!

sgrgpt

Jul 20, 2012
OK, we may be getting closer to the problem. Have you used any app that allowed you to tether, possibly PDANet. Are you using a proxy that you know of?

On the browser install, that could be done from another computer and should simply tell you it will be installed. Have you been able to download anything else, attachments and such?

And about tethering, yeah i have done that, Foolish me!! , coz i didnt know what to do i was frustated..........And i have tried to download from google play from the browser but i doesn't download...now im unable to download apps on my tablet as well as on my phone!!
Please Help!! and im not using proxy

sgrgpt

Jul 20, 2012
when i download using my sim in my phone it is able to download apps but when i use wifi it doesn't download and gets stuck on downloading that means there is a problem in my wifi...HELP!!

pcfrazzled

Jul 26, 2012
If you downloaded and uninstalled a tethering app without resetting proxy the uninstall may have blocked your connections to the google servers.