Cannot enter recovery mode (Superpad, X220, Apad, Wowpad)

shoppy

Apr 20, 2011
Guy's I need your help here.

My WiFi does not work anymore and I tried everything to fix it.
The first thing was a factory reset throught the 'setup' but that didn't fix it.

So I tried to upgrade it to Froyo, maybe that helps.
But I cannot upgrade it.
I hold down the 'home' and 'return' button on the front and turn the thing on, holding down the two buttons and it goes to 'system will boot in .. seconds' in the left hand upper corner. But there it stops. It simply wont boot in recovery mode.

Also tried it with a sd-card that worked before on other X220 (Superpad) to upgrade to 2.2 but it simply wont do. It stops every time like I described before.

What can I do?? Please help me, I am trying this for over 5 days now.

John

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
I have to hold the menu button while pressing the power button to get to the recovery menu on my two pads.

shoppy

Apr 20, 2011
Nope, then I can hold it for an hour, it won't go past the "Infotmic" start screen.

The build (right lower corner) is 0.6.1.5(587).

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
Not sure on that version number as I do not have the pad too hand, but when I first got mine I also could not get to the recovery menu, I had to do a SD card update to 1480 (I think thats the version) before I could get the recovery menu to work.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
There is no recovery menu on these tablets. Rgocal is working on one. To gain access for a wipe press and hold home,back, power passed the Infotmic screen, until you see a string of numbers then let the count down run, and it should restart. Not completely sure if it works, but this should do what you need.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk