Cannot get Wopad to turn on sometimes

Carter

Dec 28, 2010
Hello, I have a Wopad model 7001 that I just got for Christmas. On the first day that I had it, I began to have issues: the screen would go to sleep, and then come back on. It would do this in seconds. the screen would just turn black, like it does when you tap the power button, and then would light up after a few seconds. It did this even when charged (I also had the sleep set for 30 minutes). I did a factory reset and reinstalled some of my apps, but none of the ones that had gliched up previously. My pad was working fine until just recently. Now, sometimes, when I tap the power button for it to rest just while I do something real quick, I cannot get it to come back on unless I plug in the charger. All I have to do is plug it in real quick, then take it out, and it is fine, with the battery level still decent. Any solutions?

Thanks, Carter

kennobi

Dec 11, 2010
Hello, I have a Wopad model 7001 that I just got for Christmas. On the first day that I had it, I began to have issues: the screen would go to sleep, and then come back on. It would do this in seconds. the screen would just turn black, like it does when you tap the power button, and then would light up after a few seconds. It did this even when charged (I also had the sleep set for 30 minutes). I did a factory reset and reinstalled some of my apps, but none of the ones that had gliched up previously. My pad was working fine until just recently. Now, sometimes, when I tap the power button for it to rest just while I do something real quick, I cannot get it to come back on unless I plug in the charger. All I have to do is plug it in real quick, then take it out, and it is fine, with the battery level still decent. Any solutions?

Thanks, Carter

Hi Carter, it seems like I have the same problem as you recently but not before that. Try uninstall some recently install apps. It might be some apps which is the culprit. Do revert if the method works ya? :)

irishwolfie

Dec 2, 2010
Hi. I believe that there is a firmware update coming out very soon. It's not Android 2.2 but hopefully will iron out a few glitches. I have the same model (from Merimobiles) and overall like the speed of it and the capacitive screen.

ving

Dec 20, 2010
how will we know if the firmware update comes out?

not that i am having problems with mine.

capitansushi

Jan 25, 2011
Hi do you know hw to reset the wopad and how to eliminate this *process com.betterandroid.openhome2* so I can not get to the home screen Thanks

wwz7777

Jan 24, 2011
Hi, my TR718D has started not coming on unless the power cord is plugged in. Has anyone figured this one out? Help!

acy2yiu

Mar 1, 2011
Since I flashed my Wopad with the Froyo custom rom, I no longer see this problem. Now I can always turn it on, even after a long standby. My Wopad is TR718D capacitive.

Last edited:

kapo0005

Mar 3, 2011
So now my rk2818 does not even start when i push the power button it blinks then goes off. If I hold the power button then I can see the green light on but then nothing comes on. Any idea why this is happening. When Plug in the power cord, I see the solid green light but nothing comes up on the screen but when I take the power cord out light goes out then when I push the power button the light comes on then goes off when take my finger off of it. I have the button pushed then light is still on then I take finger off no power light. All this time there is nothing on the screen. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Please Help!!!

mortonre

Mar 19, 2011
Having same trouble. Even did full factory reset and still doesnt turn on untill i plug in power for a second. Tr718d mid tablet. Please advise

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App