Can't Access WiFi from McDonalds with Vtab1008

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
I was in McDonalds yesterday and tried to use the free wifi. I connected without a problem, but when I started the browser it brought up a signup screen and there was a checkbox asking me to accept the terms and conditions. This is pretty standard, but nothing I tried would actually check the checkbox, so I was stuck there. Has anybody else had this problem and know a workaround?

J

jimbo7630

You could try carrying a wireless mouse, (the smallest you can find) but you may need a USB adapter if you dont have a full size socket.

Edit: Just a thought, did you try a stylus?

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You may want to try changing between the mobile site and the desktop version of the site. It sounds like the agreement check box was created in such a way that it doesn't render correctly with certain browsers or views. This is not uncommon and unfortunately is just poor web design.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
JoelWUpchurch said:
I was in McDonalds yesterday and tried to use the free wifi. I connected without a problem, but when I started the browser it brought up a signup screen and there was a checkbox asking me to accept the terms and conditions. This is pretty standard, but nothing I tried would actually check the checkbox, so I was stuck there. Has anybody else had this problem and know a workaround?

Do you have the Vizio Honeycomb update? That could be the problem.

Case in point:

I use WiFi at a particular location that still works fine on all my other devices but now my Vizio Honeycomb tablet keeps saying "Incorrect Password" when it is an open network.

BTW I am posting this from a McDonalds right now so I can not easily recreate the problem you mentioned.

Update on my VTAB1008: Vizio will let me return it but they can not promise I'll get a working one back because they say Google is responsible for the update that does not work very well with the Adobe Flash Player.

And yes, another person at Vizio has seen just part ot the problems I have found with the VTAB1008 after Google (according to Vizio) updated my Vizio tablet to Honeycomb without updating the Adobe Flash Player.

Last edited:

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
jimbo7630 said:
You could try carrying a wireless mouse, (the smallest you can find) but you may need a USB adapter if you dont have a full size socket.

Edit: Just a thought, did you try a stylus?

A bluetooth mouse would work too but from what I've seen of it your right mouse button and scroll wheel might not work.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Hmm tried my Vtab at McDonalds and had no issues with the stock browser and HC. But I get the same type of error at Burger King so go figure. Next time I am at BK I will try firefox and see what happens.

Jim

Oceanbreeze

Oct 3, 2013
I also, was @ McDonalds last week. My Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet would not allow me to check the box to agree to the terms for the free WiFi. The screen works properly with everything else. However, couple months when I was there, it was working. I still have my emails in the tablet from that visit. I called the AT&T phone# listed but always get a message to email. Sent email concerning my problem, but still no answer by email either. Can anyone help us?

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
My wife and I have used the free WiFi at several McD's, both around town and when traveling, with both our VTAB1008s and our Galaxy Tab 2 10.1s, and not had that problem.

Yes: The check box is tiny. Have you tried pinch zoom to make it bigger? (I've never tried it. Never had to.)

Jim