Can't delete photo

RupertSodwind

Nov 26, 2014
Hi
On my Note 10.1 2014 Edition I have a photo that shows up in Gallery. I'd like to delete it but using ES File Explorer I can't find where it's located. I've unmounted the sd card & it still shows up so it's not there. I've looked in all locations but to no avail. I don't know and am unable to discover what the file name is. Suggestions please!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Keep in mind that the items that appear in Gallery are actually located elsewhere. What shows in Gallery are really only cached thumbnails. Most of the time when people have had this happen is was because they were syncing with a cloud service and even if they deleted it it would come back.

A possible solution would be to find the Gallery app in the app manager - (all) and delete the cache and settings, force stop and restart. It may take a few minutes for Gallery to reindex what it finds.

RupertSodwind

Nov 26, 2014
There seems to be no Gallery app in app manager. The picture has a tiny Chrome icon in the corner. In app manager I selected Chrome & cleared the data and cache. The picture still remains.

RupertSodwind

Nov 26, 2014
If I tap the thumbnail and bring it up to full screen there are 3 icons at the top right of the screen. The 1st appears to be option to use the picture in a variety of apps. The 3rd icon is to download the picture (to where I have no idea). The 2nd icon brings up a window called Choose path & shows the path: /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera/ (Empty folder). There are then the options to Cancel or to Select. Tapping Select brings up text saying: 'This operation is not supported'.
I

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There is a Gallery app. settings - applications manager - scroll to all. If it doesn't appear there it may be disabled and would appear at the bottom of that list. I assure you it IS there, somewhere. What you describe is what I was trying to explain, it isn't on your tablet but being synced with a cloud service. I don't use Gallery anyway because it is so poor compared to QuickPic. You may want to check it out.

RupertSodwind

Nov 26, 2014
OK, I finally found Gallery app (apologies) & cleared the cache and settings, forced stop and restarted. The picture has gone but the thumbnail remains. I then installed QuickPic, & as you say, it's far superior. Furthermore, the offending thumbnail no longer shows so for me, that's the problem solved. Thank you.