Cant do skype to skype wifi calls

volomike

Dec 12, 2010
What is the trick to doing skype user to skype user calls in the USA on WiFi on the Samsung Galaxy Tab? I went to skype.com/m, and got the android app, but when calling it hangs up immediately.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Uninstall it and replace it with the one in the Android market.

reb1952

Mar 11, 2011
I too bought my android tablet mainly for the Skype app.
I have a M001 with android version 1.6
kernal version 2.6.29
wmt.sdk version 1.72

It has Skype beta that connects but when I try to call it says "calling not in my area" ..?
It doesn't have a flash player and you tube does not work ...
Can it be upgraded so it will run these apps.?

I have tried the Market but I don't have too much luck getting anything to work from there.
On a GOOD note, the apps that come on it work good except youtube and skype

Reb

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
I can do Skype audio calls (wifi) between my generic A8 Cortex Froyo tablet and regular Windows PCs. I downloaded Skype from Android market. The mic has low gain so I have to bring the tablet to my mouth in order to make it audible. It's really a great app because it lets me scoot around the house while having a conversation with a person around the globe.
My tab doesn't have a webcam so I can't do video and I was wondering if other users with webcam capable tablets can do video calls on Skype. Thoughts?

idd

Mar 13, 2011
Skype should hurry up and update their website to acknowledge growing number of Android tablet users. If not then when Google puts Gmail phone app out we will have not choice but to move. There is a version of Skype for Android at handango.com but no link to it was found at Skype last week. Voice only but its better than nothing.

irishinvenice

Jan 7, 2011
Skype should hurry up and update their website to acknowledge growing number of Android tablet users. If not then when Google puts Gmail phone app out we will have not choice but to move. There is a version of Skype for Android at handango.com but no link to it was found at Skype last week. Voice only but its better than nothing.

I would jump ship to Google Talk in a second but I am in Europe we have been without it from the start :(

tonam35

May 8, 2011
I've seen a lot about Skype for tablets (which I have got). It doesn't work (when you launch it momentarily shows the splash screen, and then dies). I contacted Skye support and they were quite clear that they have no software available which would allow Skype to access their system using a domestic wi-fi router. May happen but not specific about when.

Markgor

Aug 9, 2011
So there is still no solution. It's a hoax. I can get my Skype account on my android, but not Skype calls. Pity.

philzyz

Oct 13, 2011
I can make skype calls and see the person I'm talking to. They can't see me...how do I work both cams?

raymb

Sep 22, 2011
I have in and out video on my GTAB10.1. Check your camera settings and settings in skype. Later, Ray

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Skype's version should be 2.5.0.108.

Once installed, login and proceed first to setup and go all the way down to activate Video Calls.

It will log you out then automatically login and there you have it, Skype Video Call activated using Wifi.