Can't download Apps to Sld102-pr tablet both with computer and Wi-Fi

Ngubong_Engineering

May 13, 2014
Hello everyone. I recently acquired an SLD102-PR tablet by sly electronics. Every time I try to install an App from Google play, I get the message congratulations the *** will be installed to your device soon. But then nothing happens. The computer says the App is compatible with device OK. I am installing through the computer. when I go to my Apps I see the computer showing that they have been installed. But checking the tablet, they are not there. Can someone help? I have registered the device with Google play.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If Google says the app was installed there can only be a very few explanations why you can't see it. The most common is that it is in the app drawer where ALL the apps are disp0layed and it just didn't create a home page shortcut.

Go to settings - app manager - all and see if it is listed there.

Also try restarting the tablet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ngubong_Engineering, congratulations on your new SLD102-PR and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. If after following leeshor's instructions the apps still don't appear, log into Google Play with the tablet and let us know what you see in My Apps there.

Ngubong_Engineering

May 13, 2014
Thanks for your concern. The apps are not listed in the app manager's list. besides given the speed of internet here, the apps could not have been downloaded in the time it took Google to congratulate me for "downloading" the apps.
when I went go google play with the tablet hooked onto the computer, Google play displayed all the free apps I have tried to download. But I can assure you they are not in my tablet. When I click on any one of them and try to install again, I get the same message.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Installing via computer isn't reliable, google just sends download request to tablet, then reports app Installed.

Use tablet to Install apps, then you will have a reliable count of Installed apps.

Sent from my JIAKE V8 Android Phone

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Disconnect the tablet from your computer and, using only the tablet, go to the Play Store and download your apps. You cannot download them to the computer. If the Play Store says the apps are already installed, go to "My Apps" and tap on the apps one at a time. You should get a message asking what device to install to and the ability to install.

Ngubong_Engineering

May 13, 2014
Hello again. Thanks for everything. I went to the international airport in my city (one of the few places in which one can find Wi-Fi. I hooked up the tablet to one of the Wi-Fi networks and tried to download avast anti virus. For nearly 45 minutes I didn't know what to think. Is it downloading or not. Eventually I found my way to my Apps and discovered that four Apps were being downloaded at the same time. Google text to speech, some wallpaper app etc. But I only added for Avast. The connection speed is such that after two hours none had been downloaded. I look for a faster network and try again.