Can't keep the 7015 in sleep mode..^&#(!@*#

willber

Jan 9, 2011
**************** Closure On This Issue ***************
Well I have been using SoftLocker for a few days now and this has resolved the wake up issue. Full market with nothing killed in the background.
Unfortunately SoftLocker appears to be a screen type saver so the tablet does not power down into a deep sleep. But the tablet at least does not turn on and consume energy.
According the the developer, Andoid 2.1 does not allow apps to access the deep sleep function.
So if you are not using it for a long period during the day, I would turn of the Wi-Fi to save power. The power drain isn't that bad and may not really be an issue because we generally charge everyday anyways.
I have used the tablet throughout the day and not found battery drain an issue. But if you are not charging over night, power down the Wi-Fi.

Thanks to BobSilver for finding SoftLocker. If you are using SoftLocker, flip the developer some coin.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I made a backup copy of my apps then reinstalled the system (update.zip). I reloaded 25 apps, no GoogleMarket, no z4root, no recovery.img. I don't see any random wake ups now.

I charged the Coby before bed but only got it to 98%. I put it in sleep mode and me too. Next morning 8 hours later I woke the Coby - battery was as 74%.

Has anyone seen this problem occur without GoogleMarket?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Without the Google Market, it happens maybe a few times a day. Very infrequently.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I fixed this problem on my Coby by returning it at the 90-day mark and bought a Nook Color. For $250 it's the best 7" tablet I've bought so far. Awesome display and performance.

Smee

Apr 2, 2011
**************** Closure On This Issue ***************
Well I have been using SoftLocker for a few days now and this has resolved the wake up issue. Full market with nothing killed in the background.
Unfortunately SoftLocker appears to be a screen type saver so the tablet does not power down into a deep sleep. But the tablet at least does not turn on and consume energy.
According the the developer, Andoid 2.1 does not allow apps to access the deep sleep function.
So if you are not using it for a long period during the day, I would turn of the Wi-Fi to save power. The power drain isn't that bad and may not really be an issue because we generally charge everyday anyways.
I have used the tablet throughout the day and not found battery drain an issue. But if you are not charging over night, power down the Wi-Fi.

Thanks to BobSilver for finding SoftLocker. If you are using SoftLocker, flip the developer some coin.

I found an app that solves two of my gripes which were the screen slide lock and the sleep issue. It is called mylockforandroid. It's not on the Market though. I found it on the Google Project hosting site. Here is the link to the APK: http://code.google.com/p/mylockforandroid/ I have been using it for a week and seems to work well. Haven't had an issue yet.

Smee