can't move apps to SD

bratcat

Mar 31, 2011
I have tried several apps so that I can move them to my SD card but it doesn't matter what app I use whenever I get to the point where you select move to SD that option is greyed out and doesn't give me that option.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I have a superpad flytouch3 (8gb internal memory) running 316 firmware. My tablet is rooted if that makes any difference.

Thanks

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
When it asks for superuser access, give it that. Also try apps2sd

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

bratcat

Mar 31, 2011
My tablet is rooted and has superuser access (I have superuser on installed on the tablet). I have also tried the app2sd app and have encountered the same problem with the move to SD card option is greyed out.

Any other suggestions?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
What size is the card? When trouble shooting, you want to rule out all other variables. So try a different card as well. You could also buy a MicroSD card reader that converts to USB and plug it in and see if it works.

Last edited:

freakaphex

Apr 28, 2011
Is the SD card new? Try to format it and or maybe its defected? If you have an extra one throw that in there and see what happens. I had a problem like that with a SD card and just ended up replacing it and it worked out.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

bratcat

Mar 31, 2011
Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong...I have a 32GB micro SD card which is my primary one plus an 8GB card. Both are recognized by my tablet when inserted but I am unable to move any apps to either of them.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
My understanding was app2sd does not work for any firware roms for FT2v2 as yet Does not work for me either.

makeitso1

Jun 4, 2011
My understanding was app2sd does not work for any firware roms for FT2v2 as yet Does not work for me either.

But Bratcat has flytouch 3 (as do I also) . Has anyone resolved this problem as I too have tried all of the above to no avail!
I have to say, being an iphone owner, Android is seriously below par! If I had known how dificult, scatty & problematic Android is, I would have saved my money & bought an ipad!
Please someone help, are we the only ft3 users with this problem?
Thanks in advance.

taffypy

Jun 3, 2011
I also have a problem with moving apps to my sd card. Also can anyone tell me on the Android ZT180 where do you add more memory? I cant even figure out where the SD card is to replace it with a larger memory card.

Thank you