can't restore apps using titanium backup

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
Cool, then everything is working? You've achieved master status. Are you going crazy installing dozens of apps? ;)

RE: OTA, I haven't disabled it. I figure we'll either (1) have 2.2, or (2) have a revised root+mod procedure soon, so instead of getting attached to my configuration, I'll just continue to backup with Titanium and let the OTAs have their way. (Also: my unit has a minor display defect--a small streak of light--so there is a good chance I'll get it replaced soon.)

-Matt

Everything works except for backing up apps on titanium and mounting system/app as rw. That'd be awesome if froyo was stable. I don't wanna chance bn trying to push an update. I would wanna update to a rooted version instead of a clean stock rom

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I forgot to mention:

What is the 1.0.1 update? - nookDevs

Warning: Let us say that again. The update will not install on a rooted NC. You must restore the /system folder to factory by re-flashing it or you can not install the update.
So I'm probably being a bit naive, but my experience with my Droid is that OTAs fail when you're rooted (of course that's apples and oranges). But since the 1.0.1 won't install on a rooted NC, I think we're OK.

I wonder why Titanium is having trouble. Maybe you can try:

NookColor Installing su and the Superuser app - nookDevs

-Matt

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
cool I'll try that when I can get it away from my wife..she's becoming a little too obsessed with angry birds lol

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
SU and the superuser should be in the autonooter...but I've found that going back and doing a few steps manually helps (I had a similar problem with Titanium).

WHAT IS UP with Angry Birds??? :mad: I fail to understand why that game destroys families...

-Matt

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
Oh man I have no clue why that game is so addicting lol...she hardly even read the books anymore

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
damn i forgot how to adb shell into the freakin thing...check the pic, this is how i'm tryin to do it

Attachments

• $dos probs.jpg
    $dos probs.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 410

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Remember, if adb is not on your system path, you have to be in the right folder to use it. I think yours is in platform-tools (not tools). ;)

-Matt

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
ok this is what i did..i found the apk for root explorer, then i adb installed it. rebooted the nook and boom, i got root explorer installed, with which i can now mount the system/app directory as r/o or r/w!!!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
ok this is what i did..i found the apk for root explorer, then i adb installed it. rebooted the nook and boom, i got root explorer installed, with which i can now mount the system/app directory as r/o or r/w!!!
I bet that helps, just be careful how you use it!!

-Matt

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
yea man i was lost without it...that has to be the most useful app made or at least one of 'em