Can't Sync Music by Any Means Now to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

mikee

May 29, 2011
A while back when I got my tab 2 7.0 I posted about not being able to see titles of any music I sync through windows media player to the tab. I started to use kies wireless sync which worked up until a few days ago. I couldn't get it to work at all now it just says the name of the galaxy tab in kies under connected devices and when I mouse over it says loading but thats all it ever does now and never makes the full connection.

I tried winamp sync which worked only once now that won't even detect the tab.

Now I have absolutly no way to sync music to my tablet and am very annoyed almost regretting the purchase over getting a 32gb nexus 7

any ideas how to fix this?

thank you

if I can't fix this problem I will be putting my galaxy tab on ebay and buying a better tab

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Putting it on eBay sounds a little harsh for what is a great tablet. And if it wasn't a Samsung you wouldn't even have had keis to work with.

Have you considered using Google's cloud, (Google Music), to sync the files. 20,000 are free and can be copied directly to your tablet if you will be where you don't have a connection.

There are also some apps intended to do one way or 2 way sync between a PC and your tablet if that's an option though it would be solely on WiFi.

mikee

May 29, 2011
uhh i sort of synced a file a single music file through kies wifi but it took 10 min to actually show the data on the tab then another 4 or so min to sync the single file it used to be much faster

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
uhh i sort of synced a file a single music file through kies wifi but it took 10 min to actually show the data on the tab then another 4 or so min to sync the single file it used to be much faster

That does sound slow. My tablet has done that when I have had some wacky apps installed, but I figured out what and dumped them. microSD card would be a solution if you have the slot. YIt sounds like the Google Music might help, a lot.

mikee

May 29, 2011
I have a 32gb sd card in it now and it happens but I can't pinpoint what caused this. What "wacky" apps did you remove to fix this?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a 32gb sd card in it now and it happens but I can't pinpoint what caused this. What "wacky" apps did you remove to fix this?

If I was smart, I would have kept track of those apps. I do know the last one was MagicJack. One other was a weather widget. But if your anti virus is checking everything or your weather widget is updating frequently or if you have active wallpaper or your mail is checking every 5 minutes all those things can contribute to performance issue. When I turn my tablet on after a few hours everything is sluggish for 5 or 6 minutes due to some of those items playing catch-up.

mikee

May 29, 2011
I can use airdroid to access my files wirelessly and transfer videos to the tab in under the time it takes for kies to even make a connection with the tab, So I don't know whats causing this to happen. I used advanced task killer to kill off everything running in the background that could be using the network and it only gets slightly faster maybe 10 minutes to make a connection instead of 15 which is still pretty darn slow.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That sounds like an issue with the computer, But I have no idea what it could be. Kies is being affected by something.