Can't upload videos to You tube using the Honeycomb Youtube app

someshj1577

Dec 1, 2011
I can't seem to upload any videos from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using the built in Youtube app. I keep getting the error message "Failed to retrieve account information".

Anyone know what this is? I'm logged into my Google and Youtube accounts.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Android Tablet Forum

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
hi someshj1577,

Welcome to the board, I'm glad you could join us. I don't recall seeing this mentioned yet, but perhaps someone with one of the Galaxy tablets has run into this and will reply with some advice for you. One would think the built in app would be enough, but maybe it's not. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you soon. :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure about that error. It sounds like you are not syncing with your Google/Youtube account. Check Settings>Accounts & sync and make sure you are syncing with a green circle and arrows in it. If not try unchecking and recheck the Auto-sync box and see if that helps.

dam5968

Dec 31, 2011
I have an Asus Eee Transformer (3.2 HC) and have the same problem. It is not the Google acct because everything else syncs.

fragilebird

Jul 24, 2012
I can't seem to upload any videos from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using the built in Youtube app. I keep getting the error message "Failed to retrieve account information".

Anyone know what this is? I'm logged into my Google and Youtube accounts.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Android Tablet Forum

same problem, but mine either tells me there is a connection timeout or network error. I am fully connected to a private wifi and everything else syncs, but it may be youtube, i just went back to factory version despite the glitches because updates were causing it to crash every 5 seconds.