Capacitive Screen issue after screen firmware update

oishiboy

Mar 8, 2011
hi all,

anyone of you have encountered this kind of issue? i accessed the supposed secret menu by entering *#*#2846579#*#* code then selected the Capacitive Screen firmware update. It asked me to reboot my s7 then after that, my s7 screen stopped responding (or sort of). the only part that is responding is the half part of the screen and is only accepting up and down gestures which moves the screen left or right. other buttons are responding (back, home, menu, trackpad, send/cancel). i've tried restoring to factory settings, usb/sd updating using different firmwares (including the latest at huawei's website) but still same thing... is there another way to fix this? it seems i couldn't find anything with google that pertains to this kind of issue.

i have an S7-105 model, capacitive screen, snapdragon 1ghz, internal 8gb with external microsd, dual camera...

Last edited:

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Try to reinstall your native firmware and do the capacitive firmware upgrade again.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Probably did something you weren't supposed to do o_O

Try reflashing the S7 firmware

oishiboy

Mar 8, 2011
everything was working fine though before i did the "Capacitive Screen firmware update" as far as i remember... does anyone know a link for the stock firmware for s7-105 from globe telecoms philippines? or any firmware for s7-105... the stock firmware afaik is b010...

purepinoy100

Jul 31, 2011
everything was working fine though before i did the "Capacitive Screen firmware update" as far as i remember... does anyone know a link for the stock firmware for s7-105 from globe telecoms philippines? or any firmware for s7-105... the stock firmware afaik is b010...

Hi im ralph i have Huawei s7 105 as well and im having problems on it now. I accidentally deleted the system folder after i rooted it thru Z4root. can you help me on how to re install my original firmware eclair 2.1, and where i can find the link for the exact firmware. thank you. you may send me an email to [email protected] number 09277163747.