case w/ USB keyboard for 7" tablet

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
Hi folks.

I have a Nook Color, but the specific tablet is not relevant. What is relevant is that I usually use the touch screen for typing, but there are times when I would prefer a real keyboard. In such situations, I want the tablet to be more of a netbook, than a tablet, if you know what I mean.

So, I'd really like a keyboard/case combo that would hold the tablet for such situations. I don't need bluetooth; the NC is capable of working w/ a USB keyboard. I'd also like the keyboard to be full size (or at least close to full size).

Can anybody recommend such a product? Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi mrfeh, you should check the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/supporting-vendors/ section for some cases. However, you will have a hard time finding anything with a "full size" or close to it keyboard. Since the Nook is only 7" a keyboard case is going to have a relatively small keyboard because that is all that will fit into the 7" case size.

What you might need to try instead is finding a keyboard case for a 10" tablet and modifying it to hold your Nook. This would leave extra space in the case for something such as pens, stylus or note pads as well. Or you can just have a Nook case and a separate blue tooth keyboard of any size you want if they don't have to be integrated.

JP

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi folks.

I have a Nook Color, but the specific tablet is not relevant. What is relevant is that I usually use the touch screen for typing, but there are times when I would prefer a real keyboard. In such situations, I want the tablet to be more of a netbook, than a tablet, if you know what I mean.

So, I'd really like a keyboard/case combo that would hold the tablet for such situations. I don't need bluetooth; the NC is capable of working w/ a USB keyboard. I'd also like the keyboard to be full size (or at least close to full size).

Can anybody recommend such a product? Thanks!

Androidinabox has 7 inch keyboard case in stock: Keyboard Case - 7" - Mini USB