Charging issue, might be solved.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Currently, when I connect the official charger (by that I mean the one that came with tablet) to my galaxytab3, if I leave it to charge several hours, sometimes it HAS charged, sometimes it HASN'T.

I ensure the plug is snug in power source.
I ensure the micro plug is in correctly.
Then I ensure the USB is correct in power plug.

But I think it is this USB thing that might be the problem. I base this theory on the fact that no other electrical item I have used ever, has ever failed, simply because chargers are normally two connections, power and item.

Yesterday I decided to purchase a new charger that didn't have the USB section. In just over an hour, charging has increased from 56% to 87%. This tells me that by eliminating the usb part and going in direct, has solved it. Would you agree?

Two hours later and the main battery icon shows it is about 95% full, so disconnect > settings > battery = 54% ?????

My concern now is that the settings showing battery level is failing. What should be done please?.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
In circuits like this, the fewer connectors the better. Sounds like eliminating the USB connection did solve the problem for you.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
In circuits like this, the fewer connectors the better. Sounds like eliminating the USB connection did solve the problem for you.
and if you're right and if my experiment is right and clearly it is, as it's showing 100%, then it begs the question "why the extra connectors?". No doubt they would say it's a bonus connector, but if it contributes to failure when charging...................................