Charging Le Pan II

Mini

Jan 29, 2012
I've had my tablet for about two weeks. This just started recently. When my battery gets low I power down my unit completely and than plug in my power cable. The Le Pan II keeps turning back on/restarting while it's charging. I have tried numerous times to keep the screen on off but it keeps rebooting. Since the screen is on I would think this would make charging the unit even longer. Has any one else had this problem or any suggestions?

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
mine does the same thing. It started after I installed the update. If it is off and I plug it in it starts up. If it is plugged in and Iturn it off it shuts down and immediately restarts.<br>
Your tablet should go into sleep mode after a minute or two and the screen should turn off. If the screen is staying on go to - settings - applications- development and uncheck " stay awake."

Last edited:

Mini

Jan 29, 2012
Johna2u, thanks for your response. I just checked and "stay awake" is already unchecked. Any other suggestions?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
From what Johna2u described, with the problem showing up after a firmware update, it could be a bug in that firmware itself.

Mini, what version are you running? (you can find it on Settings - About Device, it will list version number there)

Got to check mine, I haven't noticed if it has this issue or not. I am running the latest version/leaked firmware 4749.

EDIT: plugged mine in, still had about 50% left; it's charging normally, screen showed the animation a bit then switched off.

Last edited:

Mini

Jan 29, 2012
I'm confused. When Le Pan sent a system update about a week or so to my Le Pan II tablet I downloaded it. It took a long time but it downloaded with no problem. Is that the same update? I thought the firmware 4749 was for the TC970 only. Nothing in about tablet about firmware. It does have baseband version LePan IIMV116 and build number HTK75.user.v116,release-keys.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Ooops, yes, you are correct - I missed the Le Pan 'II' model number on the title of your thread. Sorry about that, Mini.

Your tablet has the most current version for LPII firmwares. If Johna2u and you have the same problem, it could be a bug in the v.1.16 firmware, and you could report it to Le Pan via their Support site. Open a ticket and ask for a possible fix.

Good luck!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
yeah, I am sure it is a bug in v116. Prior to the update I did not have that problem and my wifes LPII which is still running v114 does not have this issue. I have reported it to Le Pan about a week ago along with some other issue. Have not heard back yet. I was just letting them know some of the plus's and minus's of the update. I guess they didn't feel they needed to respond. Anyway, for now all you can do is try to make the screen go to sleep. Unchecking stay awake and then make sure your screen is set to time out after a minute or two. setting-screen-timeout

on yhe plus side you should be able to use a bluetooth keyboard. That is bug that was fixed in the update.

Last edited:

Mini

Jan 29, 2012
Johna2u suggestions work fine for the time being. I did notice when I tried to power it down again when the tablet was charged about 80% it worked. I wonder if it reboots only when the battery is real low. I'll need to check this out when I charge it the next time.

LePandroid

Jan 18, 2012
I am also having the same issue about 50% of the time but I can power down the tablet but sometimes it takes a couple of attempts.
It seems to help if the tablet is on when I connect the power cable then wait a min. before turning the tablet off.
I am still running the original firmware version v114 because when I saw the update notification I called support to ask what to do because I reed post before stating problems with the update. I was told the update was not ready yet. It should be ready in about a couple of weeks ... that was on Jan. 18Th so I'm guessing any day now and I should ignore and clear the notification for now. He also said they will post on their site when the update is ready.