Le Pan II

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Saw a software update notice in the notification bar of my Le Pan II clicked on it and it downloaded a large update.zip file. It took almost 3 hours. When it was finally complete it said can't contact update servers try download again. So, I am at 36% right now. There is no notice or download posted on the Le Pan site so automatic download by wi fi is the only option I guess. If you get the update message, go to Settings- applications -Development - and choose -Stay awake. Then just let it download overnight. Othewise the download won't finish once it goes into sleep mode.
finished the update download a second time and got the same error.

anybody have any information on this?

Last edited:

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
I had problems downloading the first firmware to my pc, their server is just getting swamped I'd guess. I think it was the fourth try it finally finished properly.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I have tried 4 times with the same unable to contact download servers message. The file seems to download to 100% but it just doesn't continue to the next step. What the heck I will give it another whirl.

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
Here's what someone on the Amazon forum did:

Chester
says:

I was able to update with the procedure.

I was able to sucessfully update to build #116.
1. I powered the tablet off & on.
2. I selected "check for updates" from the System Update menu.
3. Following the download, I received message: "System Update - Unable to Connect to Update Server". Place Update.zip on Sdcard.
4. I could find no file update.zip in Sdcard.
5. When I attempted to rerun "Check for updates", I received message "Update Finished Successful"
6. I rebooted & update installed.
7. About Status shows "LePanIIMv116.

Beck

Jan 16, 2012
I contacte Le Pan about this on Friday and today I got this response:

"What update are you talking? As to our knowledge there has not been one released for Lepan 2 yet."

So now I'm thoroughly confused - who puts out the update?? I've tried 5+ times to download it which it does successfully but when I go to reboot it can't find it. I'll keep you posted if I hear more make from Le Pan regarding this.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
On my sixth attempt to download the update it downloaded as usual, Said it couldn't contact update servers then seemed to freeze. I just left it alone for a few hours and then a message appeared saying update successful. Hdmi out is eliminated as an option and the build is updated from v114 to v116. I have not noticed any other changes.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I received the following response from Le pan

LePan Support
on 1/16/2012 11:56:47 AM

Dear John,

We apologize for the problems you're experiencing with the upgrade.

Basically, at this time the upgrades are not ready yet. If there's nothing wrong with the tablet,
then there's no need for any upgrade at the moment. Please be patient with us until we worked
out all the issues. We're still looking into this matter.

Thank you.

moloch

Jan 17, 2012
That is not a very informative reply. I wish there was a hard date we could get on the ice cream sandwich update.

Sent from my LePanII using Android Tablet Forum

roleme

Jan 3, 2012
is it possible to use bluetooth keyboard with this tablet? i gonna order case with keyboard buuit-in but not sure if it's compatible

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
is it possible to use bluetooth keyboard with this tablet? i gonna order case with keyboard buuit-in but not sure if it's compatible

check out the thread "I found a great case keyboard".

Last edited:

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
My review at Newegg for the LP2:
I gave it 4 out of 5 Eggs.

Pros: Bright screen, excellent resolution, 4:3 aspect ratio (perfect for web surfing), micro SD card slot for expanded storage up to 32GB (buy one with a a full-size SD adapter or a USB plug that reads micro SD), not too heavy, Android 3.2 upgradable to 4.0, bluetooth. Plays videos smoothly.
Half the price of an ipad.

Cons: No USB slot or jack to read thumbdrives, 30-pin connector with no dongles that Le Pan advertises that'll will work for devices such as USB, HDMI & so on (maybe that will change with firmware? Le Pan???) minus 1 egg. Fingerprint magnet, a little slippery to hold without a case. Sound not very loud in speakers (there are EQ apps for that though). I have a dead pixel that creates a faint line across the top of the screen. Hoping that won't bother me any worse. A slight bit of light bleeding in the corners on black screens...not very noticeable...but at least it didn't cost $600+!

Other Thoughts: I've had this for a couple of weeks now and it's a great tablet. Some reviewers on Amazon have complained about wifi speed issues, but I've had no problems at all (there may be some lemons out there). You'll want a case for it since it's not easy to hold. It's very well made with a brushed aluminum back...but it can slip out of your hands very easily.

The touchscreen is very responsive, no slight delays like I've seen on youtube of the older TC970 (this is the TC979 aka Le Pan II). For smooth app install/purchase, make sure you have a google account.

I was listening to music with the installed Pandora software last night through headphones and it sounded wonderful! Some have complained about the external speakers, but what do you expect with a small device like this? Most people use headphones or mp3 players for music anyway. You can easily plug in bigger external speakers like people do with mp3 players via the headphone jack or even bluetooth.

I highly recommend this tablet.

Last edited:

Bolsa

Dec 7, 2011
Today (Jan-26-2012) I saw Amazon takes order Le Pan II ( last week Amazon still list Le Pan II as Out of Stock) , but the delivery date is 2-4 weeks, so expect 4 weeks for delivery.

I thinks I wait until the end of Feb to order Le Pan II and hope to get 2 days delivery for Amazon Prime Member . In the meantime I still looking for bargain and wish Ipad2/Zoom/Thrive drop their price to $300 range due to quadcore processor and 4.0 ICS were already out.

Edit: cannot wait any longer, I just order Le pan II, the delivery date given out by Amazon is Mar-7th

Last edited:

black02em2

Jan 15, 2012
Thats weird i ordered mine on the 31st and it was out of stock, and i received an email yesterday saying the delivery date is february 6-7th